Re: Synchronization in Oracle NCA protocol (325 Views)
Frequent Advisor
AkimotoShun
Message 1 of 3 (375 Views)

Synchronization in Oracle NCA protocol

Hi,

I am load testing Oracle R12 application, currently dealing with a customized form.

For this scenario, I am working on a form and there is a textfield.
User is suppose to fill in a value to this textfield, then tab out.

Back end will start processing when the tab out happens.
Once the process finish (SLA ~ 3 secs), there will be a response message displayed in a customized label in the bottom of the form.

The script will look something like:

lr_start_transaction("xxx");

nca_edit_set("field_name", "{value}");

nca_obj_type("field_name", '\t', 0);

???

lr_end_transaction("xxx", AUTO);

My problem is on the ??? part. How could I create some sort of synchronization to keep on checking the msg box so that I can validate and confirm that it returns the correct resp message before marking it as the completion of transaction. 

If I don't fill in the ??? part. Does the other nca code perform any sort of synchronization? 

E.g. When I tab out, the form actually hangs a bit while it is processing. During this time, will the code continue to next line or will hang along with the application? 

Hopefully someone can help me on this...

HP Expert
h2o_2
Message 2 of 3 (353 Views)

Re: Synchronization in Oracle NCA protocol

Hi,

One option I can think of is using nca_set_exception.

If there is a message box, you can add your own function to check for button status in that dialog or text till it appear of diappear and put the exception function before to initiate the call to it according to the messagebox window title.

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
AkimotoShun
Message 3 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: Synchronization in Oracle NCA protocol

h2o_2, thanks for the reply. 

After rounds of testing, I believe there is some sort of synchronization happening at nca_object_type code. 

It will only proceed to the next line of code after the response is back. So, in this case, I think no extra synchronization is required, case close. 

Still appreciate the help. Thanks again...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.