Re: Reasons for High Response Time & what are execution logs (294 Views)
Occasional Advisor
ram mundarinti
Message 1 of 6 (295 Views)
Accepted Solution

Reasons for High Response Time & what are execution logs

Hi All,
I have executed 100 Vusers load. I have 5 transactions in scenario like login,select period, save,done,logout.
After execution Login got more response time , when comparing to other transacitons.
And what are the execution logs in raw results.
how to utilise those logs.

thanks,
Ram Mundarinti
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)

Re: Reasons for High Response Time & what are execution logs

Hi Ram,

It all depends on you scenario setup. How you have setup scenario to run vusers, is it initialize all vusers simultaneously or is it in ramp up fashion.....so having response time high could be your application as well but again you have to look over your scenario settings then come up with conclusion over high response time.

Execution logs are the logs which got captured during your test based on client server communication.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
Occasional Advisor
ram mundarinti
Message 3 of 6 (293 Views)

Hi Ajay,
thank u for your answering.
the below are the my scenario settings.
1.ramp up(2vusers for 15 sec)
2.run until completion

Ajay, those logs are useful to know the reason of high response time
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

Hi Ram,

Tell me this:
Does your script contain login part in init section?
Is yes then how you are initializing them in scenario?

Yes logs would help to find out what time which user has taken more time to login into application. But this can be analysed by seeing graphs as well. But you need specific details like which user took more time to log in from which server the login request was processed, what time the request was processed, which load generator has processed request etc...this will help to reach upto minute level of root cause.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
Occasional Advisor
ram mundarinti
Message 5 of 6 (294 Views)

Hi Ajay,
my script didn't contain login in init, contains in action part only.
i am using web(Click & Sctipt)protocol.

I got the raw results now and i have the folders like data,log,sum_data, analysis execution file,LG machine names with information, collate.txt, collatelog.txt etc..

which files are useful to track the root cause of high responsetime.can you give the complete analysis navigation

thanks,
Ram Mundarinti
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 6 of 6 (293 Views)

Hi Ram,

Very 1st point generally we should not keep login part in Action section of script as it doesnâ t seem to be a realistic scenario. Think does real world user (Customer) login and logout that frequently as you are making your application to do in your scenario? My suggestion would be to keep login in init and logout in end section of scripts. But still taking your scenario into consideration.

I am not sure if this way I can help you without having look at the results but still you can try as mentioned below:

1. You must be having .lrr file as test results. (If test was executed in controller)

2. Open .lrr file with Analysis LR component. Let it open complete 100% data. Data generation can be seen at bottom on analysis component.

3. Once 100% data is generated. Open Average Response Time graph.

4. Right click on graph select merge graph and select running vuser graph. This will give you running vuser and average response time graphs in single graph.

5. With this graph you can find exactly after what user load login transaction started taking more time. Once you find the point where login transaction starts consuming more time note down the time and note down what is user load at that particular point of time.

6. Now open other graphs like CPU utilization, Memory utilization (Committed Bytes/ Available MB) check there consumption level if there are normal utilization if you see utilization beyond 90% note down user load and point of time when your server starts consuming beyond 90% level.

Report this to development/Application team with this detail. This will help them.

Ask them to monitor application server from back end while you are running load test. This will give them great understand of root cause.

Thanks
Ajay Kumar
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.