Re: RDP scripts are not running with multiple users on PC11.04... (345 Views)
Occasional Advisor
sreerach
Message 1 of 3 (373 Views)

RDP scripts are not running with multiple users on PC11.04...

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks...I had really tough time in using RDP protocol...to be frank...it really sucks :-(

if any of you ever experienced below issues please guide me..Thanks for all your support...!!!

I'm using LR11.04/ PC11.00/HP performance agent 5.0

1. After installing RDP agent on terminal server… recorded a  script ( checked Use RDP Agent in recording options before recording) and updated script Advanced RDP agent functions “sync on window” etc functions. While replaying got an error as “LoadRunner failed to establish a connection to an agent on the remote machine. The execution of 'rdp_sync_on_window' function requires the existence of such agent.
  2. Some times In PC script runs well with 1VU. But when I add second user script are failing to login to terminal server..Any thoughts? 
  3.  How to make sure that RDP agent is running on Terminal server? We have installed “SetupMSTerminalAgent.exe” agent but it doesn't’t show up in the Processes list? (check the screen shot "TMS_Processes_List.JPG").                             If at all required to start RDP agent manually What are steps to invoke??? what is the process name supposed to show up if you install agent is it lrrdpagent.exe? 

4When we run RDP scripts in PC… (Check below Screen shot "PC_TerminalServices_Screen.JPG")

4.1   do we have to enable Terminal services on Load generators from PC or we have to login to LGs and enable terminal services?

4.2   Do we have to specify Number of terminal services to open on Load Generator & Max number of Vusers to run of Terminal services?

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Suerte13cr
Message 2 of 3 (345 Views)

Re: RDP scripts are not running with multiple users on PC11.04...

Hi Sreerach,

One thing you have to check is that you do have QTP 11 installed on your LGs if you are using 11.4, and your patch level for PC 11.0 should be around patch 5 or 6.

1. For the replay of the scripts with the agent, there is a Terminal Services agent that needs to be installed on the machine on which you will be remoting into. This can be found on the additional components disc of PC. It seems you have installed it though.

2. You have to check that your terminal server does allow for multiple logons for more than 1 session, but also that you have setup the terminal services window. You may also need to change the LG agent from running as process instead of service.

3. This will be invoked for replay and recording. You have to enable it in Run Time Settings.

4. For running more than 1 vuser you have to enable terminal services and you can only run 1 vuser per terminal session.

Further reading:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM195134

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
sreerach
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

Re: RDP scripts are not running with multiple users on PC11.04...

[ Edited ]

Hi Mario...thanks for your response...Please check my response inlined with yours...

One thing you have to check is that you do have QTP 11 installed on your LGs if you are using 11.4, and your patch level for PC 11.0 should be around patch 5 or 6.

~~ No QTP installed on Load generators. But, QTP 9.2 installed on Terminal server...is that a problem?

and we are using PC patch 7 (check attached screen shot of PC version)

1. For the replay of the scripts with the agent, there is a Terminal Services agent that needs to be installed on the machine on which you will be remoting into. This can be found on the additional components disc of PC. It seems you have installed it though.

~~ Yes, we have installed "SetupMSTerminalAgent.exe" on server where the application is deployed. 

2. You have to check that your terminal server does allow for multiple logons for more than 1 session, but also that you have setup the terminal services window. You may also need to change the LG agent from running as process instead of service.

~~ Yes, manually i can use my login credentials and open multiple RDP sessions from my mahine with out any issues. but on PC as soon as i put second user all the exsting running users also stops.

3. This will be invoked for replay and recording. You have to enable it in Run Time Settings.

~~ Are you refering to the runtime settings option to enable "Replay using RDP agent"? yes..we enable it in runtime settings...though there is no process that shows up as "lrrdpagent.exe". please check the screen shot of runtime settings...

4. For running more than 1 vuser you have to enable terminal services and you can only run 1 vuser per terminal session.

~~Got it

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation