Re: Question regarding how many Controller licenses needed (149 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Bipin Raj Mohan
Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)
Accepted Solution

Question regarding how many Controller licenses needed

Hi,

We have licenses for one controller and 500 VUsers. I also have 2 projects in ALM 11.52 configured for Performance Testing.

I have multiple PC hosts configured as LG but only one PC host as Controller.

Now I want to know if I can carry out performance runs in both my projects at the same time with my current setup. If not, what are my options?

a) Do I need 2 controller licenses to carry out two runs at the same time but have just one Controller machine?

b) Can I make do with just one license but configure 2 PC host machines as controllers?

c) Do I need 2 Controller licenses and 2 PC host machines configured as controllers?

Thanks in advance.

Bipin

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
sebastiena
Message 2 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: Question regarding how many Controller licenses needed

Hi Bipin,

Couple of facts before answering your questions:

1. Only a single test can be run on a Controller at a single time. To run x tests, you will need x Controller machines.

2. The PC server license control the number of concurrent runs that are allowed to run across ALL projects at a single time. Even if you have more Controller configured in your installation, you will not be able to exceed the number of concurrent runs mentioned in your PC licenses (Lab management > Licenses)

Regarding your questions, to achieve two performance run at the same time, you will need:

* A PC license containing at least two concurrent runs, and

* Two PC hosts configured as Controller available at the required time.

Hope this answers your question.

./Seb

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Bipin Raj Mohan
Message 3 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: Question regarding how many Controller licenses needed

Thank you so much for explaining it clearly.
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation