PC/ALM/Load Gen communications question (394 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Steven Hulse
Message 1 of 2 (394 Views)

PC/ALM/Load Gen communications question

Good day everyone,

I'm about to begin the process of installing and setting up HP Performance Center v11 in my organization and was reading through the Install guide and it said that PC and ALM need to be in the same domain/subnet. I have a question about the load generators, do they also need to be in the same domain/subnet?

For example, let's say we have PC/ALM in the domain/subnet of Taco/255.255.255.0 and our load generators are in the domain of Burrito/255.255.255.1. Will there be a communications issue even if we ensure the correct ports are opened through our internal firewall and changes made to the ACL to allow the two domains communicate with each other?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Frequent Advisor
SteveO_44
Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)

Re: PC/ALM/Load Gen communications question

As long as your firewall rules are good to allow the communications across domains you should be good.

We actually inherited a mix of LGs from other lines of business and had some in the same domain as PC and others in another.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.