12-14-2010 02:47 PM
We installed LR 11 on one of test machine, and IE 8.0 also installed on that machine.
I am able to record a script.
But while playback, getting below errors
Warning: Extension LrXml.dll reports error -1 on call to function ExtPerThreadInitialize
Error: Vuser failed to initialize extension LrXml.dll.
How to resolve this problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-15-2010 02:10 PM
HP engineer gave below solution, that resolved the issue.
1. Navigate to the following location:
1. If it is web protocol, go to QTweb.lrp
2. if it is citrix protocol , go to citrix.lrp or citrix_ica.lrp
2. Go to LRP file based on the script being used,
3. Open the relevant file in a Notepad
4. Look for: ResultsDirUI=1
5. Comment it out by adding a semicolon. For example: ;ResultsDirUI=1
6. Save the changes to the file.
7. Launch again the Vugen app, open the script and replay it.
12-15-2010 09:13 PM
I believe after change what HP provided you must be able to get rid of the problem you are facing without even having admin rites.
You can try both and check if both works fine then we have two solutions with us to solve this problem it will be useful to keep in mind for future.
Thanks for sharing this information.
12-16-2010 09:53 AM
Actually that was a test server so I first tried with HP's solution, it resolved the issue. I will take admin privileges on our actual testing box.
I have another small issue now, after replying the script, in test results nothing is displaying.I even verified below setting
Generate report report during script execution.
This is happening to new script prepared with LR 11.0 with IE 8.0.
When I run existing scripts (LR 9.1) with LR 11.0 results window displaying with all steps.
What could be the issue.