Installing Monitor over firewall or Running Vusers over a firewall. (2175 Views)
Advisor
Naga7
Message 1 of 5 (2,175 Views)

Installing Monitor over firewall or Running Vusers over a firewall.

Hi,

I am trtying to install the monitor over firewall, for performance center 11. I am trying to verify the connectivity between the MI Listener Machine and the MOFW machine and the traffic light is always in red status, meaning there is no connectivity between the two machines. I followed every step in the manual and checked every possible way that is mentioned in the manual. 

This is just a POC and does not include any firewalls in between. I wanted to see if the two machines would be able to communicate with each other. 

Is there anyone out there, with some previous experience of setting up monitor over firewall  or running vusers over a firewall?

From what I can see, the Load runner agent service log says: 

"21/07/2011 16:20:51 Agent over Firewall from host: al_xx.x.xxx.xx_ofw is trying to connect.[MsgId: MERR-29528]"

But it never says if the connection is established or not.

The performance agent log on the MOFW machine does not have any entries in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Advisor
John QA
Message 2 of 5 (2,151 Views)

Re: Installing Monitor over firewall or Running Vusers over a firewall.

I have setup running vusers over a firewall before and works perfectly. Here are the configuration settings I used.

Run agent as process.

on MI listener

Check Client Certificates = False

Private Key Password = yourpassword

on load generator > Agent configuration

Enable Firewall Agent and then clicke on Settings

MI listener name = ip address of the MI listener

Local machine key = unique identifier

MI Listener User Name = MI listener localuser account

MI Listener Password = MI listener localuser password

Connection type = TCP

Enable Use Secure Connection (SSL)

Check Server Certificates = Medium

Private key password = yourpassword

Hope it helps

John

Advisor
John QA
Message 3 of 5 (2,149 Views)

Sorry misread your post.

the message you received is normal. MOFW or LG machine has successfully established communication with the MI Listener.

You need to add the LG on the controller to establish the connection.  Once you're done and connected to the LG, you will see the below messages in the agent service log. You will also see the LG traffic light turn to green.

28/07/2011 11:47:35 Agent over Firewall from host: <load generator hostname> is trying to connect.    [MsgId: MERR-29528]
28/07/2011 11:47:43 Connection from controller host: <controller hostname> is established.    [MsgId: MERR-29528]

Hope this helps

John

Occasional Visitor
achyut
Message 4 of 5 (1,433 Views)

Hi ,

What are the component that I need to download for load agent machine.I dont have good idea abt Monitor over firewall,MI Listener or Host Id..

should I download with VUGEN.

please let me know when i shd download these component.

am using load runner 11.5

thanks 

Frequent Visitor
senpleck
Message 5 of 5 (686 Views)

Hello,

I had the same problem. It's ok now.

Be careful about the MiListener's IIS. the three service of it must be closed. Especially the WorldWide publication service (something like that), because this service take the port 443 and prevent an another machine to take it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.