How to configure or set up Jboss server( which is installed on UNIX) and Sql Server using SiteScope (606 Views)
Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 1 of 10 (606 Views)

How to configure or set up Jboss server( which is installed on UNIX) and Sql Server using SiteScope

Hi Guys,

I am new to SiteScope

1.How to configure or Set up Jboss server( which is installed on UNIX)? I mean what steps do I need to perform.

2.How to configure or Set up Sql Server 2008( which is installed on Windows Server)? I mean what steps do I need to perform.

Please advise me!

Thanks,

Raj

Frequent Advisor
Satish_1125
Message 2 of 10 (603 Views)

Re: How to configure or set up Jboss server( which is installed on UNIX) and Sql Server using SiteSc

Raj

Below Details may useful how to add server  in site scope:

1.Adding Remote Servers to Monitor

Once Logged into the SiteScope Server the machine(s) you wish to monitor must be added with valid connection properties. Clicking on the “Remote Servers” tab will bring up a tree view allowing you add Windows or UNIX servers, right clicking on the root of the server tree will display a menu allowing the configuration of the new remote server.

2.A popup will be displayed allowing you to select the server details and add server login credentials.

Once the server has been added and appears in the remote server’s tree, right click on it and select the “Test” menu option. If connectivity has been established and the server credentials are correct the test will pass. Note: fill in form above.

3.Creating a Monitoring Group

Group containers make the use of monitors and associated alerts manageable and effective for the environment and organization. To add new monitors, either add to an existing group or create a new group individually in the SiteScope.

Click the Monitors tab and create one with a descriptive name by right clicking the top of the group tree and select New->Group.

4..Adding Monitors to a Group

SiteScope monitors are tools for automatically connecting to and querying different kinds of systems and applications used in enterprise business systems. The different monitor types provide the generic capabilities for performing actions specific to different systems.

Note: For a list of counters or metrics that can be configured for SiteScope monitors, as well as versions of applications or operating systems that are supported, see the HP SiteScope Monitors and Metrics document.

SiteScope monitor categories are grouped according to classes that indicate their availability and category that reflect their function. To add a new monitor to a SiteScope agent, the list of available monitor types for that agent are displayed both alphabetically and divided by category in the product interface.

To add Monitors to a group, right click the monitor group and Select New->Monitor. A screen will pop up allowing you to select from an assortment of monitors.

Select the server you wish to monitor and add a descriptive name, click on the Monitor Run Settings and adjust the frequency that the monitor collects the information.If the Monitor is valid its status will display as green and show the current statistics.

5.Disable the Monitoring Group

Please disable the monitoring group when no load tests will be run, but remember to enable it prior to performance testing. Disabling the group when not in use will help prevent a server overload that can result in a server crash.

To enable/disable the group select it from the tree and click the Monitor Icon that has a horizontal line through it.

6.Adding SiteScope Monitors to a Performance Center Load Test

• From the Load Test Select the Monitors tab and add a profile and
  • Give the Profile a meaningful name and description.
  • Check the new profile and click the edit button beside it, An “Add Monitor” pop will appear, select SiteScope.
  •  Click Next and enter the site scope login information.
  • Check off the monitors you wish to see in the PC load test run. Click Save.

• Save the load test and the SiteScope data will now be integrated with the test results and visible in Performance Center while the load test is running.

This how you can the server in site scope .

Thanks

Satish

Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 3 of 10 (600 Views)

Re: How to configure or set up Jboss server( which is installed on UNIX) and Sql Server using SiteSc

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot!

Were these steps also works for integrating the SiteScope with Load Runner.Basically I have to use Load Runner and SiteScope.

Please confirm!

Thanks,

Raj

Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 4 of 10 (599 Views)

Hi Satish,

I have to use Load Runner and Sitescope.

I have to monitor JBoss(UNIX),Sql Server 2008 using Sitescope vwith Load Runner.

SIteScope and Load Runner installed on same machine

Thanks,

Raj

Frequent Advisor
Satish_1125
Message 5 of 10 (591 Views)

Hi Raj,

Good Morning!!!!

Yes these steps which i provided you is integrated with Site scope + Performance Ceneter.
more over what are  counter you add in the sitescope it will displayed in the performance ceneter---> Sitescope.

Hope you have clear picture on site scope and Performance center.....You can start working on both tools

All the Best Dude...:) :):)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
:

Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 6 of 10 (584 Views)

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for keep bugging you am new to the SiteScope and my supervisor is on vaction.

When I am trying to open the SciteScope,it  pop ups Not valid License(see attached screenshot).

When I looked under SiteScope root folder I found SiteScope_License.txt, It says "HP SiteScope 500 Pts License for LoadRunner Only" .When I am trying to give this file,It says wrong.

I don't know how to access the SiteScope with this info.What I mean to say is,  how the point apply to my environment.

Please tell me the process!

Thanks,

Raj

Frequent Advisor
Satish_1125
Message 7 of 10 (582 Views)

Hey Dude

Good Evening!!!

Can you please contact your local system adminstor or Hp-Site scope IDM..Their can help you for the liences issues.

Thanks

Satish

Respected Contributor
rpagadala09
Message 8 of 10 (579 Views)

Ok.

Thanks Satish!

Frequent Advisor
Satish_1125
Message 9 of 10 (577 Views)

Hope your problem solved....

Can you close the issues.....

I want know have you work on oracle ADF frame work ..If yes can you help me out
Frequent Advisor
liviya
Message 10 of 10 (376 Views)

Hi,

When I tried to configure monitor in Topology designer window, I'm getting below error.

"Sitescope authentication failed due to invalid passphrase.
Verify that the communication security passphrase defined on the ALM Platform and the sitescope server match".

Any suggestion for this?

Regards,

Deepak

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.