Help: Changing passwords Sitescope monitors use within Performance Center for authenticating to SUT (449 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Lewis Epting
Message 1 of 1 (449 Views)

Help: Changing passwords Sitescope monitors use within Performance Center for authenticating to SUT

HELP:  Monthly password changes for Sitescope Monitors configured within Performance Center.

I am using HP Performance Center 9.52, Build 4138   with the version of Sitescope which comes with PFC: (HP SiteScope 9.51, Build 1303).   Where Sitescope is being used within Performance Center to monitor the applications under test.?  (Sorry, I can't remember if this is called external or internal facing....)

One configuration parameter every Sitescope Monitor within Performance Center needs is a userid and password to be used for Sitescope to authenticate to the Servers Under Test in order to obtain the SUT's performance metrics.  The issue I have is that passwords expire every 30 days, and it's a real pain to modify all of the Sitescope Monitor configurations with the new password. (There must be a better way)

Since the Sitescope Monitors are being configured from within Performance Center, I am assuming the passwords are maintained somewhere within Performance Center.     I am hoping- if I could figure out where these passwords are stored, I could automate changing these passwords.    Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to do this?

Or, are these passwords actually stored within Sitescope?   If so, any suggestions other than manually changing these passwords. 

Alternatively,  I noticed when configuring a Sitescope Monitor within Performance Center there is a field named "Credential".   I am wondering if I could pre-configure a "credential" within Sitescope.  An use this predefined "credential" within the Performance Center Sitescope Monitor.   I could then just modify the credential once each month within Sitescope.  (I have tried for days, but have been unable to get the credential defined within Sitescope to work in the Performance Center Sitescope Monitor Configuration.)   [To clarify, I have attached a screen print of the configuration screen I receive when configuring a Sitescope Monitor from within Performance Center;  Note the "Credentials" field.?]

Also, does anyone have Sitescope v10 or Sitescope v11 integrated with Performance Center v9.52 to monitor applications under test?    I was told this was not possible, but I'm not confident the answer was correct.

What is the difference within Performance Center between a "Monitor Profile" under the Project, and creating a monitor in the individual Load Test.   It looks to me like the only difference is reusability of the monitor definition on multiple Load Tests.

All help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lewis.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.