Re: For Load about 500 Concurrent... How much Ram should in My notebook??? (292 Views)
Advisor
Lady Gaga
Message 1 of 6 (366 Views)

For Load about 500 Concurrent... How much Ram should in My notebook???

For Load about 500 Concurrent...

How much Ram should in My notebook???

Or How much have I set Preference>>Memory Management when Load about 500 Concurrent to Prevent from Abnormal Termination cause by mdrv process termination while I load Test and "dwwin.exe" while I record???

There is Picture I've attached.
An Investment in education always pays the best returns
Valued Contributor
SPP_PC
Message 2 of 6 (366 Views)

Re: For Load about 500 Concurrent... How much Ram should in My notebook???

Hi,

There is not definative figure as such.
The best way to get it working is through benchmarking.

Run your tests on the agent/controller for 10 users to see what is the percentage of resource utilization.

It depends on the protocol being used and how resource hungry your application is ?

Ensure that during the test run if you notice more than 80% utilization,you may need to divide the load to some other generators or increase the capacity of the current system.
Super Advisor
Testing Strategies
Message 3 of 6 (366 Views)

Here is the offical HP repsonse:

Title: Is resource (cpu and memory) footprint information available to help in estimating the load generators required for load testing with LoadRunner?

Document ID: KM767319
Product: LoadRunner
Version:

Updated: 2009-Sep-21

Summary:
Accurate resource footprint information is not generally available. It is recommended that existing resource usage data is used and/or specific load tests are conducted (e.g. single Vuser) to allow resource usage to be measured.

When planning a load test it is necessary to consider what resources (cpu and memory) will be needed to generate the required load.

This information can then be used to choose suitable load generator systems and determine how many of these systems will be required.

Is resource footprint data available for the various protocols that are supported by LoadRunner to allow load generators to be sized accordingly?

Solution:

Given the range of protocols that are supported by the LoadRunner product and the variety and complexity of scripts that may be used in load testing, it is not possible to provide accurate resource footprint information.

Instead it is recommended that when resource estimates are required existing resource measurements are used (from previous load tests) and/or specific tests (e.g. single Vuser) are conducted to enable the measurement of the resources being used.

A specific test approach is recommended as resource footprints are highly dependent on the specific application and systems in use. Such an approach will help ensure that the specific aspects of the IT infrastructure to be load tested are taken into account.

It is also recommended that resource usage is monitored during load testing to verify that the estimates match with actual experience. It is important to ensure that load generators do not become overloaded as this can render a load test invalid. For instance plan and monitor cpu usage to ensure that it does not exceed 80-90% of that available. If a load generator is allowed to become cpu bound then this may affect, for instance, load test response times.

If the protocol under test is threadsafe then run each Vuser as a thread to allows resources to be conserved while supporting more Vusers.

My thoughts:

We are testing the FTP protocol with one controller and three Load Generators of 250 Users each.

My take from what HP explained is that each script will determine the amount of VUsers which a Load Gen can handle based on the ease or complexity of the script.

So the trick would be to test the Load Gen with one user to determine the CPU utilization of the LG then move from there so as not to exceed 80 to 90% of CPU of the Load Gen PC.

Don't even think of making Virtual Load Gen machines. This is a nightmare.

Advisor
Lady Gaga
Message 4 of 6 (366 Views)

Dear Testing
What is the link for serching this Document???

http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang=en&qp=&search=&qt=KM767319&la=en&hps=Home&hpr=http%3A//h41131.w...
An Investment in education always pays the best returns
Super Advisor
Testing Strategies
Message 5 of 6 (366 Views)

Lady,

This was an email I received from our HP reps.

Regards
Regular Visitor
dilip sharma
Message 6 of 6 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]

Its depend on size of data transfer between server and client .

Suppose, 1 user use 2 MB of RAM for transaction run. and u have 2 GB RAM system then ideally 

2048 MB RAM  and RAM consume by 1 VUSER =2MB

2048/2=1024 VUSER (Ideal scenario)

1) But  it is not possible as system reserve some part of memory for system and network usage

2) must watch with your  VUser load system CPU usage should be below 75% other wise 

3) as per my personal exp. 500 VUser will run successfully  with this condition.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.