Re: Does Web (HTTP/HTML) support Dojo Widgets for Script Development (181 Views)
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 1 of 5 (195 Views)

Does Web (HTTP/HTML) support Dojo Widgets for Script Development

Hi Experts,

I am trying to identify if Dojo widgets enabled application can be recorded with LR 11.0.3 Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol.

Can you please suggest me on following?

1. Generic application URL (site) which has Dojo widgets (AJAX calls) .
2. Does Web (Click & Script) protocol support Dojo Widgets application.
3. Is there any way (Snippet) which can help me make used of Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol for Dojo widgets (AJAX Calls)?

I have already raised a support ticket with HP on Web (HTTP/HTMLP) protocol supportability on dojo widgets enabled application. In response HP suggested to utilize AJAX Trueclient protocol. This is posing few constraints.

1. Project doesn’t have AJAX TrueClient licenses.
2. AJAX TrueClient is compatible with Mozilla, my application is not really built for Mozilla so would it be appropriate to test the application with a protocol which is only mozilla compatible.

Any suugested is truely appericiated.

Thank you.

Ajay Kumar

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
KMadan
Message 2 of 5 (181 Views)

Re: Does Web (HTTP/HTML) support Dojo Widgets for Script Development

1. In Web http/html protocol, we have a new fucntion web_js_run from LR11.50 onwards and you can construct JavaScript call or use the application specific Dojo JavaScript files. I cannot image how complex it is.

2. We have Ajax TruClient for IE in LR11.50 and you can use that if Firefox is not supported by your application.

Madan
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Arjun_Valipired
Message 3 of 5 (163 Views)

Ajay,

I performance tested a few application that were developed using Dojo. I used Ajax True client, I did not have any issues.

-Arjun

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 4 of 5 (157 Views)

Thank you Arjun I appreciate your response.

If you can help me on following would be really helpful:

1. Did you try recording Dojo Framework functionality with Web (HTTP/THML) protocol before going with AJAX Trueclient? If you still have the application which has Dojo framework functionality can you please try recording with Web (HTTP/HTML) and see if dojo event gets recorded? The reason why I want to double check is normal AJAX calls gets recorded with Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol but I dont have anything application right now which has dojo framework but it will be there in near future. So wanted to be sure we are ready for its performance testing.

2. Do you know any website which has dojo framework functionality? So I can do quick R&D. 

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Arjun_Valipired
Message 5 of 5 (155 Views)

Click and Script improvements – This vuser type now supports dojo. There aren’t any new functions though.

Also latest Web/HTTP with DFE if you need a transport level protocol.

Also check this perevious chain on Dojo :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support-and/LoadRunner-for-DOJO-Framework-applicatio...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation