Database Connection Error: failed OpenConnection for PC servers (469 Views)
Occasional Advisor
HardcoreTester
Message 1 of 3 (469 Views)
Accepted Solution

Database Connection Error: failed OpenConnection for PC servers

Database Connection Error: failed OpenConnection: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

When i do a "Check System" in labmanagement under the tab Performance Center i get the above error for both our PC servers.

In ALM, when i try to open an uploaded vuGen script i get the following error:

Problem encoutered when application tried to connect to data base: failed OpenConnection: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Does anyone know how to fix?

HP Expert
sebastiena
Message 2 of 3 (456 Views)

Re: Database Connection Error: failed OpenConnection for PC servers

Hi,

Can you confirm the version you are using?

I have seen such errors in the past when you configure your database to use Windows Authentication but you left the PC System user to its default (IUSR_METRO).

Changing the PC system identity to the user you are using to access the databse for Windows Authentication or to a domain user that has the same right on the databases will allow you to fix the issue.

Please refer to the following guides:

Performance Center Installation Guide - http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00425855

Section "Enabling MS-SQL Windows Authentication" page 137

Performance Center Administrator Guide - http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00425856

Section "How to Change the System User" page 458

Let me know if any of the above information is unclear

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Advisor
HardcoreTester
Message 3 of 3 (426 Views)

Re: Database Connection Error: failed OpenConnection for PC servers

That solved this problem for us.

We are working with ALM PC 11.50 on Windows 2008 sp2 servers.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.