Re: Back and Refresh Error in Siebel Script (606 Views)
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 1 of 7 (616 Views)

Back and Refresh Error in Siebel Script

Hi Everyone,

Currently I am working on Siebel 8.0.0.6 with Vugen 8.1.

I am using Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol to record typical Siebel business process.

There are two script I am recording one is having login in logout part in init and end section respectively and another one is having whole code in Action section only. Both the scripts are generated based on same business process.

Now when I run the script which has everything in Action section for multiple iterations it runs perfectly fine without any issues. I can see the reflection of things getting added up in data base through these runs.

But when I playback the script which have login and logout part in init and end section respectively for multiple iteration it passes only for one iteration rest it will not pass. If I run this script only for one iteration it doesn’t have any issues. This way we think that it is surely a correlation related problem.

I have tried all the Siebel best practices but still script fails when I keep login and logout in init and end section for multiple iteration.

I check up with SWEC, SWETS correlation but didn’t work. Have seen Vugen user guide solutions for the same problem but nothing is working.

I can pin point particular place where I am facing error. Mainly error is occurring is as follows "We are unable to process your request. This is most likely because you used the browser BACK or REFRESH button to get to this point.". This error comes on applet selection on majority.

And the Code where I face this problem looks like

web_url("start.swe_23",
"URL=https://abc.com/xxxx/start.swe?SWECmd=ShowPopupFrames&SWEDIC=1&SWEU=/xxx/start.swe%3fSWECmd%3dGetCac...",
"TargetFrame=",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=text/html",
"Referer=",
"Snapshot=t25.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
LAST);

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ajay
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Prashanth T
Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)

Re: Back and Refresh Error in Siebel Script

Hello Ajay,

Few things you can try are:
1) you would be having a web request swe_22 prior to this request. Change the Mode=HTML to Mode=HTTP for the swe_22 alone and replay.
2) If step 1 doesn't help.You might have already done this but just try unchecking the Simulate browser cache in your run-time settings and replay again, as your request seems to be fetching something from the cache, which I see as a part of the url in your post. Also, try unchecking Simulate new user on each iteration setting in your run-time settings.

I know for fact that you are already using the Siebel best practices and I am unaware of the contents of it. But sometimes when the best practices dont help, we have to follow our own practices :)

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 3 of 7 (616 Views)

Hi Prasanth,

I really appreciate you for the reply. I already have tried all the setting which you have mentioned.

Only one last thing what I see is making swe_22 mode HTTP from HTML. I have tried it once may be I can give one more try with it.

I have tried in this way also, I recorded login in init section then recorded same set of steps in Action1, Action2, Action3 and logout. So basically it is similar to 3 iteration. I found out only change in SWEC which I have correlated everywhere in new script which have only one Action with same steps. Now I check the correlated SWEC value in replay log with output message which are exactly same as SWEC value captured in all 3 actions (in script which have same set of steps recorded in Action1, Action2 and Action3) still it fails in correlated script I donâ t know what is wrong.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Ajay
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Prashanth T
Message 4 of 7 (616 Views)

Hello Ajay,

This error is obtained when the same request is sent twice which in your case is the web_sumbit_data of swe_22 and web_url of swe_23. you seem to have tried almost all the possible resolutions of correlating the SWECount and other things.The only way left to find the cause of this issue is to run the script in extended log and see which is the request that is being sent twice and debug from that point.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 5 of 7 (616 Views)

Hi,

I have resolved the back and refresh problem now. But now I am facing weird problem. Everything looks fine but still I am not able to insert new Activity in Siebel with created Vugen script.
In my script what I am creating new activity which should get reflected at backend which can be seen from UI. It gets added up without any error when I execute script for one iteration but when I go with multiple iteration only once it creates new activity rest of time it doesnâ t. I have compared each and every iteration with recorded pages in tree view. Every page is same without any error at any point. I have place all the Siebel related content check no error still no update at back end.

I donâ t know how to deal with it now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ajay
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
ajay.x.kumar
Message 6 of 7 (616 Views)

Hi,

Now everything is fine only one last step away to make my script work perfectly fine. there is one transaction like when I click New button one row gets added up in which there is one dynamic value with which we cannot add another row so that is why my new row is not getting added up in replay.

Now the problem is when i click New there itself the dynamic value is getting generated and there only I need use correlation and there only I have use the correlated value so if anyone know how to make it done would be a great help for me.

Thanks
Ajay
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Chunn Kuen
Message 7 of 7 (606 Views)

Dear ajay,

Can you tell me how do you fix the error? As in the back and refresh button erro, i am currently facing this error, had try most of the solution but yet it still fail.

Thanks,

AlvinChunn.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation