As a security measure the system automatically logs out inactive sessions - Performance center (578 Views)
Advisor
pampalini
Message 1 of 4 (578 Views)
Accepted Solution

As a security measure the system automatically logs out inactive sessions - Performance center

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am struggling with Performance center installation (version 9.5).

Admin site successfully created its database instance.

When I attempt to log in to Admin Site with Admin/Admin I get the following pop-up message:

"As a security measure the system automatically logs out inactive sessions. Please log in again"

So I am unable to log in.

I checked the System Event logs, but no errors or warnings.

Browsers: Internet Explorer 6 and 7 (which I by default use for Performance center successfully)

Could you please suggest a solution how could I overcome this?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Paul Beinert
Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

Re: As a security measure the system automatically logs out inactive sessions - Performance center

I had a similar problem and then I realized that the URL in my IE session was the timeout URL.

So I shrunk it down to \ server name \admin and I was able to login

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pampalini
Message 3 of 4 (558 Views)

Re: As a security measure the system automatically logs out inactive sessions - Performance center

Yes, PC uses an url parameter to show the "session timeout" dialog box.

However I use always http://localhost/Admin, and after typing the login/password, I get the timeout message. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pampalini
Message 4 of 4 (532 Views)

It turned out, that we had two missing prerequisites on the Admin site server: the WSE20sp3 and WSE30. They should both be installed during the standard installation, however it looks like it failed for some reason.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation