Add first PC Server to lab managament: Not authorized to reconfigure server (936 Views)
Frequent Advisor
KF1
Message 1 of 7 (936 Views)
Accepted Solution

Add first PC Server to lab managament: Not authorized to reconfigure server

I am trying to add the PC server into ALM lab management.

I clicked 'New PC Server' in the 'PC Servers Module' and typed in the host name and then hit tab.  I then entered in a description and hit ok and am getting the following error:

com.mercury.td.pcextension.labservice.comm.ILabServiceSetSererPCServiceExceptionDataFaultFaultMessage: Not authorized to reconfigure server

Please note this is the first server I am adding to Lab Management and there are no servers currently added.

Can anyone help me please?

ALM v 11.52    PC server v 11.52

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
jlmacr
Message 2 of 7 (906 Views)

Re: Add first PC Server to lab managament: Not authorized to reconfigure server

Hi,

First of all i would check if IUSR_METRO account exists on PC Server.If dont,please run the Server Configuration Wizard(Start>Programs>HP Software>HP Performance Center Server>)

We might need to look into the logs to have a better perspective of the issue(%PC installation%/orchidtemp/LTLOGGER/w3wp)

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
KF1
Message 3 of 7 (904 Views)

[ Edited ]

IUSR_METRO is added into group: Administrators.

I have attached the logs that you requested.  Thanks a million for helping with this.  Per Jagannathan, Jayashri from HP we have tried the following already to troubleshoot this:

1)      Please disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP), User Account Control (UAC), Windows Firewall and Internet Explorer  Enhanced Security (IEESC) on your ALM and PC Server.

Make sure that ping works for ALM to PC Server and from PC Server to ALM.  Now try adding PC server in Lab  Management.

2)      If the first suggestion  does not help, then try adding  the PC server with IP address rather than server name and see if this helps since there can be an issue with DNS.

3)      If above the suggestions don’t help,  go to the ALM machine and add entries in the hosts file located in C:\Windows \System32\drivers\etc folder.

I can ping both ways (ALM>PC & PC>ALM). Obviously none of those items worked or I would not be asking for more help! :D

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
KF1
Message 4 of 7 (883 Views)

The solution is outlined in 'KM00463492'.

The issue was an incorrect value in the DEFAULT_LAB_PROJECT_DB, LAB_PC_SETTINGS table, during installation.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jerome.vovard
Message 5 of 7 (839 Views)

We 've got the same issue to our environment: Production ALM/PC version 11.52 installed on Windows2008R2sp1 (SQL server 2008R2sp1).

We checked the LAB_PC_SETTINGS table but  the QC_INTERNAL and EXTERNAL URL values are OK.

We also got the LR page from the ALM server using the following URL

http://<Pc serer hostname>/LoadTest/General/Login.aspx?back=%2floadtest%2fHosts%2fHostProcesses.aspx...

meaning that the PC server can be connected from the ALM server.

Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
jerome.vovard
Message 6 of 7 (833 Views)

Hi all,

sorry, I solved my issue.

It was a firewall issue.

I couldn't connect to the ALM application (http://<ALM server hostname>:8080/qcbin) from the 'PC server'.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
rward2
Message 7 of 7 (684 Views)

Check to make sure that both UDP and TCP  port  8731 inbound and outbound Allowed firewall rules are in place.

Allow TCP 8731 inbound firewall port

Allow UDP 8731 inbound firewall port

Allow TCP 8731 outbound firewall port

Allow UDP 8731 outbound firewall port

These are the "LTOPS" communication ports that the application uses.

If that fials temporarily disable the firewall and see if the connection is allowed.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation