Re: swinstall fails due to remote file (137 Views)
Advisor
DELON KARRIM
Message 1 of 5 (137 Views)
Accepted Solution

swinstall fails due to remote file

Hi Admins

I received a C8000 HP-UX 11.11 with a FireGL X3 graphics card. I then installed Unigraphics NX3 and the neccessary patches as suggested on http://support.ugs.com/online_library/certification/index.php?interface=patches&id=08354.

It then complained during the installation of ld patch PHSS_30966 with an error along the lines of 'could not access remote file' referencing ' /usr/share/man/man1.Z/ar.1'

The ld patch showed up with swlist. swverify reported an error. I ftp'd the file from a working machine and then reinstalled it, but swinstall reduced the file to Zero length.

I reinstalled the the OS and it worked. I need to know why the errors occured in the first place though?

Any ideas?

Delon
Honored Contributor
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Message 2 of 5 (137 Views)

Re: swinstall fails due to remote file

Hi Delon,

These errors can happen if there is a problem with hostname/ip resolution on your server.

Regards,
Robert-Jan
Advisor
DELON KARRIM
Message 3 of 5 (137 Views)

Hi Robert-Jan

That would make sense. I had it booting on DHCP. Perhaps the /etc/hosts and /etc/nsswitch.conf were incorrect? It was not registered in DNS at that time as it was still being staged and tested.

No errors for the other patches were reported with swverfiy \* though. Why only ld you think?

Regards

Honored Contributor
Robert-Jan Goossens_1
Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)

Advisor
DELON KARRIM
Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

That makes absolute sense. Thank you so much for the assistance!

Regards
Delon
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.