05-21-2005 08:01 PM
I have problem installing secure path on a particular server. I already installed it to other servers without difficulty.
Here's the error message that I received.
ERROR: RPC exception: "Connection closed (dce / rpc)" 05/22/05
ERROR: A Remote Procedure Call to an agent has failed. Could not
start a management session for
Make sure the host is accessible from the network.
* Source connection failed for
FROM THE SWAGENT.LOG
Started source agent on
root@ob2, pid=15411, 05/22/05 15:45:35 EAT
* Agent pid=15411 died from signal 11. See signal(5) for more
information about this signal. 05/22/05 15:45:36 EAT
* Agent pid=15408 completed. 05/22/05 15:45:38 EAT
* Started install agent on "/" for root@ob2, pid=15587, 05/22/05
* Started source agent on
root@ob2, pid=15590, 05/22/05 15:55:10 EAT
* Agent pid=15590 died from signal 11. See signal(5) for more
information about this signal. 05/22/05 15:55:11 EAT
* Agent pid=15587 completed. 05/22/05 15:55:13 EAT
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-21-2005 08:04 PM
- restart swagent daemon.
- I already check /etc/hosts, no problem in the entries.
- tried nslookup the IP and HOST name are ok.
- check the nsswitch.conf and make sure the "file" is check first.
- network connection is OK, I can ping and telnet the server from any server.
- I am using a CD so the depot are ok.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks and Regards,