swcopy from depot bundle to a depot directory (1384 Views)
Trusted Contributor
f. halili
Message 1 of 5 (1,384 Views)

swcopy from depot bundle to a depot directory

I have a depot bundle named "/var/apps/depot/patch-delivery-29404.depot", and I plan to swcopy the products on it to a depot directory - /var/sw/depot.

When I do an swcopy, the bundle is copied to the  "/var/sw/depot".  How can I copy products to the depot directory and not the bundle itself?

Thanks,

f. halili

Frequent Advisor
EEESEC
Message 2 of 5 (1,376 Views)

Re: swcopy from depot bundle to a depot directory

I suggest running "swcopy -i" and use the TUI interface.  If I remember correctly it's relatively intuitive from there to select individual products from a sorce depot and copy them over to a target depot.

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 5 (1,369 Views)

>How can I copy products to the depot directory and not the bundle itself?

Why do you care?  Would you rather type the names of every product instead?  Or find the right wildcard?

Of course you can just copy the whole bundle and then delete the bundle name in your depot.

swremove bundle_name. @  /var/sw/depot

(Where there is a period after the bundle name.)

Acclaimed Contributor
James R. Ferguson
Message 4 of 5 (1,361 Views)

Hi:

I completely agree with the views of Dennis.  Too, if you wanted most, but not all, products and/or patches copied, 'swcopy' the whole depot and then 'swremove' what you don't want from the target.

To avoid dependency analysis during a 'swcopy' employ '-x enforce_dependencies=false'.

Regards!

...JRF...

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 5 (1,360 Views)

Or you could use: swlist -l product /var/apps/depot/patch-delivery-29404.depot > product-list

Check product-list file for correct format then:

swcopy -x enforce_dependencies=false -s /var/apps/depot/patch-delivery-29404.depot -f product-list @ /var/sw/depot

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.