removing software (147 Views)
Frequent Advisor
jona_1
Message 1 of 7 (147 Views)

removing software

HI all,
In our system HPRC suggest us to remove Online Diag, EMS and Wbem & then we need to install the current one.
OS B.11.11.Model 9000/800/rp4440.
when someone need to remove software which one she should remove bundle or product.Please find the attachment of bundle & product..& i am unable to see the ems bundle..

Acclaimed Contributor
Torsten.
Message 2 of 7 (147 Views)

Re: removing software

Ask them for the reason why to remove (and if there is any, they can answer your question too.).

By removing the diags you delete all custom settings. Normally you do just an update, without remove anything.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Frequent Advisor
jona_1
Message 3 of 7 (147 Views)

we aregetting false alert, so he suggest us to remove the old version & then we will install the new version . i just want to know when someone need to remove software which one she should remove bundle or product.
Acclaimed Contributor
Torsten.
Message 4 of 7 (147 Views)

As said, an upgrade without removing is usually sufficient.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

There are only 10 types of people in the world -
those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Valued Contributor
Michael Mike Reaser
Message 5 of 7 (147 Views)

I agree with Torsten. I spent almost 14 years in one of the North American HPRCs, and I don't recall telling anyone to remove-and-install anything. At worst, I told folks to use the "-x reinstall_files=true" option on swinstall to force the reinstallation of anything that SD thought was already "there".
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
Frequent Advisor
jona_1
Message 6 of 7 (147 Views)

ok. i will check with hprc again..but i want to know when someone need to remove software which one she should remove bundle or product.Please find the attachment of bundle & product..& i am unable to see the ems bundle..

Valued Contributor
Michael Mike Reaser
Message 7 of 7 (147 Views)

As Torsten said - since the HPRC is instructing you to remove EMS, you should ask *them* how you should do so.

EMS may not have come as a bundle and instead as individual products and/or filesets and thus wouldn't appear under bundles. I was in the group that supported software development products like the compilers and didn't have a lot of involvement with the OS-level filesets, so I can't say for sure how EMS would have originally been installed.

Again, instead of asking us, these queries need to be directed back at the HPRC folks who are telling you to take these steps.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

HP-Server-Literate since 1979
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.