What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-ENH (6757 Views)
Advisor
mohd280
Message 1 of 5 (6,757 Views)
Accepted Solution

What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-ENH

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I downloaded GlancePlus as Iso and I tried to mount it with lvcreate but no luck so I choose to install  ISOIMAGE-ENH tool.

it went fine and there was no issues . It was on Test , I'm planning to do the same on production servers.

My probelm I saw on message when install ISOIMAGE-ENH " The kernel will be re-built on the local system when install ISOIMAGE-ENH" which scared me .

what is this message about and it will affect production server?

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > System Administration to HP-UX > patches. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 5 (6,747 Views)

Re: What is meant by "The kernel will be re-built" when installing ISOIMAGE-ENH

[ Edited ]

>The kernel will be re-built on the local system when install ISOIMAGE-ENH" which scared me .

>what is this message about and it will affect production server?

It means it has to regen the kernel and reboot.

I don't remember doing that when I installed that product but it was long ago.  Perhaps I had a later kernel?

If you can't reboot your production system, perhaps you should burn a DVD.

Or reboot your test system and then mount your ISO image and then swcopy the SD bundle off it it or just use swreg and then access it remotely.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mohd280
Message 3 of 5 (6,733 Views)

Thank you for your update . Sorry what you mean By "regen the kernel"

Yes I can reboot the system . I found many dependencies need to be instaled , is this the reason ?.

ISOIMAGE-ENH     ->   B.11.31.06      ISO Image mount Enhancem ^ x               
xx            PHCO_39672       ->   1.0             CDFS mount(1M) cumulativ   x               
xx            PHCO_39673       ->   1.0             mount(1m) patch            x               
xx            PHCO_39674       ->   1.0             umount(1M) cumulative pa   x               
xx            PHCO_39675       ->   1.0             mount_cdfs(1M) man page    x               
xx                                                                             x               
xx                                                        

How can I use the swcopy ?!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mohd280
Message 4 of 5 (6,712 Views)

Re: What is mean "The kernel will be re-builton the local system " when install ISOIMAGE-E

Thanks . I used swreg then install it remotely.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 5 (6,694 Views)

>I found many dependencies need to be installed, is this the reason?

Exactly.

>How can I use the swcopy?

Just use swcopy to copy from the mounted ISO to a directory:

swcopy -x enforce_dependencies=false -s /dev/dvd "*" @ /path-to-directory

>Thanks.  I used swreg then install it remotely.

If you're happy with your answers, please click on the Kudos star for each helpful answer.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation