Re: Problem swinstall JetDirect (114 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Azzianeizar
Message 1 of 5 (114 Views)
Accepted Solution

Problem swinstall JetDirect

Hi All,

I downloaded HP JetDirect software from the internet into my PC then ftp (binary) it to my rp4440 (v11.11) server in /tmp/HP11e134.SD, but when I swinstall -s /tmp/HP11e134.SD I got the following error:

ERROR: Could not access remote file "/opt/hpnpl/help-html/Hpjpiu.html" in software item "HPNPL.HPNPL-MAN,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP:/opt/hpnpl" due to an internal error on the remote system.

Fyi, I have tried it a number of times. I have also tried using another version, HP11E118.SD, gotten from an old JetDrirect CD but still failed with the same error. I believe both files are good coz I tar -tvf and able to read it to the end. I have also tried stop/start swagent daemon but still to no avail.

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem and assist. Thanks.

Regards,
Azzian
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Chauhan Amit
Message 2 of 5 (114 Views)

Re: Problem swinstall JetDirect

Hi Azzian,

Problem doesn't seems to be with the file. check system for a duplicate loopback (127.0.0.1) in /etc/hosts.
If its in there multiple times, you can get this error.

Let me know

-Amit
If you are not a part of solution , then you are a part of problem
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Azzianeizar
Message 3 of 5 (114 Views)

Hi Amit,

You're a genius. That was it. I did have a duplicate loopback (127.0.0.1) in /etc/hosts. It's a new server I am installing here, vendor did the whole setup and I didn't even bother to look into /etc/hosts file at all. What a mistake. But the error message didn't point out to /etc/hosts file, wonder how you found the solution?

Anyway, after removing the duplicate loopback entry and rebooted the server. Swinstall jetdirect was successful. Thanks again.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Chauhan Amit
Message 4 of 5 (114 Views)

Hey Azzian,

Thanks for the appreciation. Good to know that your problem is resolved.

-Amit
If you are not a part of solution , then you are a part of problem
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Azzianeizar
Message 5 of 5 (114 Views)

This forums coooolll...!!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation