Obtaining Patches (24 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Srinivas Kotha
Message 1 of 5 (24 Views)

Obtaining Patches

Hello All,

I have an old HP-UX C3000 workstation with 11.11 (11i v1) OS. I brought this from eBay a few years back. With HP changing their policy of getting patches for it, how do I go about obtaining patches (I am trying to install Oracle on the box). I am an individual and not affiliated to any company and use this as a learning tool. I sent an email to ITRC support and have not heard back from them if I could purchase a contract if it is reasonably priced. Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Srinivas.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Patrick Wallek
Message 2 of 5 (24 Views)

Re: Obtaining Patches

>>purchase a contract if it is reasonably priced.

That probably entirely depends on your definition of reasonable priced. I suspect the cost of a software contract would be a few hundred dollars per year.

In my opinion HP really screwed up when they instituted this policy. I think all they are looking at is trying to get more $$$$ on the bottom line but did not consider the ill will of their user base.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Srinivas Kotha
Message 3 of 5 (24 Views)

Patrick,

Thanks for replying back.

Srinivas
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 4 of 5 (24 Views)

https://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Srinivas Kotha
Message 5 of 5 (24 Views)

Closing the thread. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation