Re: Mirror-UX not visible even though unlocked ? (301 Views)
Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 1 of 5 (332 Views)

Mirror-UX not visible even though unlocked ?

I have an software application CD for HP-UX 11iv1 and 2 codeword for mirror-ux, and system accepts the codeword(s9 when I enter as new codeword via swinstall without any error, but related software B2491BA doesn't come up, and when I search it I cannot find it in the list.

My question is that when I go to directly to CD B2491BA directory,it seems empty ?? is it normal ? also after codeword entry ,should it be visible in the list ?

Honored Contributor
Patrick Wallek
Message 2 of 5 (326 Views)

Re: Mirror-UX not visible even though unlocked ?

YOu need to make sure that the code words you are installing are actually applicable to the media that you have.  The codewords for media from Dec. 2006 will not work for Dec. 2009 media.

Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 3 of 5 (301 Views)

yes this is version difference issue as Patrick stated , I solved like this;

command line solution is ,

# swinstall -x allow_downdate=true -x allow_incompatible=true -s /SD_CDROM/B2491BA

sd-ux solution is to  go swlist -i ,then 

options ,then

select "allow installation of incompatible software"

Honored Contributor
Patrick Wallek
Message 4 of 5 (298 Views)

>>select "allow installation of incompatible software"

That is not a smart thing to do!

What version of HP-UX are you running?  What version of HP-UX is the Mirror software for?

I absolutely DO NOT recommend trying to run an incompatible version of MirrorDisk/UX.  I think you are putting your system at risk!

Honored Contributor
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Message 5 of 5 (295 Views)

they are same, OS version is 11iv1 ( year 2006 ) ,and media I used to install mirror-UX is for 11iv1 ( year 2007 ) , it is bought for  B2491BA 11iv1 OS before..

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.