Re: How can I download swa_catalog.xml? (748 Views)
Advisor
Another Chris Thomas
Message 1 of 13 (752 Views)
Accepted Solution

How can I download swa_catalog.xml?

I've read various posts regarding the changes to SWA, specifically you can no longer directly ftp download swa_catalog.xml.

Some posts have suggested using SWA to do this. My problem is that for security reasons none of my HP-UX boxes has access to the Internet either directly or via a proxy.

The documentation for 'swa step catalog' in the SWA Reference documentation says:
'Example use case: if the system that will perform the analysis has no access to the Internet, download the catalog to a system with Internet access. Then, copy the catalog (for example, on a USB drive) to the cache directory on the analysis system'

That's what I want to do. Can I run SWA on a non HP system? Is there some other way to download swa_catalog? Surely I don't have to dedicate an HP-UX system to this apparently trivial task?

Chris

HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 2 of 13 (752 Views)

Re: How can I download swa_catalog.xml?

Hi ,

If you have a valid HP-UX support contract with HP, you can download it.

There is a workaround available.

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Acclaimed Contributor
James R. Ferguson
Message 3 of 13 (752 Views)

Hi Chris:

Have a look at pages 25-26 in the Software Assistant Administration Guide:

http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01942679/c01942679.pdf

Regards!

...JRF...
Advisor
Another Chris Thomas
Message 4 of 13 (752 Views)

Thanks Sooraj,

I have a valid support contract but it's taken month to arrange. No-one has suggested how to download the file though. Perhaps you have some magic keywords I can use with HP support?

Since my original post I found the latest SWA admin guide. This says I need /opt/swa/lbin/swaFetch.jar from SWA version C.02.80 or later.

Shame the latest version available for download is C.02.75 .....
HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 5 of 13 (752 Views)

Hi Chris,

Do you have access to patch database?
did you link your SAID with ITRC user ID , so that you can download patches?

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 6 of 13 (752 Views)

Hi ,

"Shame the latest version available for download is C.02.75 ....."

==> I think the statement is not correct!!.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B6834AA

Regards,
Sooraj
Advisor
Another Chris Thomas
Message 7 of 13 (752 Views)

Sooraj,

>Do you have access to patch database?
Yes
>did you link your SAID with ITRC user ID , so that you can download patches?
Yes

Call naive, but the version info came from http://www.hp.com/go/swa

Anyway, I've downloaded C.02.80 and think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for your help.

Chris
HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 8 of 13 (752 Views)

Hi,

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Regards,
Sooraj
Honored Contributor
Bob E Campbell
Message 9 of 13 (752 Views)

Man you guys are quick...

I just finished unpacking enough boxes to announce the availability of SWA version C.02.80. It has a number of fixes including the introduction of the fetch content.
Advisor
Another Chris Thomas
Message 10 of 13 (752 Views)

OK. Now my problem is getting a valid copy of /opt/swa/lbin/swaFetch.jar

I realise I'm making it difficult for myself but for various perverse reasons I'm trying to do this without access to HP-UX.

First I thought I'd install the Windows version of SWA, but that's dependent on System Insight Manager which is a 1.3Gb download...

So I unpacked SwAssistant_C.02.80_HP-UX_B.11.11_32_64.depot using tar on a Linux box. Unfortunately, when I run the resulting file with 'java -jar swaFetch.jar' I get the error 'Invalid or corrupt jarfile swaFetch.jar'

Is there a simple fix or am I going to have to wait till I can get my hands on a real HP-UX system next week?
HP Pro
SoorajCleris
Message 11 of 13 (748 Views)

Hi,

I would always prefer to follow the procedure as mentioned in the doc.

Regarsd,
Sooraj
Honored Contributor
Bob E Campbell
Message 12 of 13 (748 Views)

Go back to the linux box and try renaming the file to swaFetch.jar.gz, then use gunzip to expand.

No promises, the official support is all on HP-UX :-)
Advisor
Another Chris Thomas
Message 13 of 13 (748 Views)

Thanks Bob. Sorted :-) gunzip worked a treat and I've successfully downloaded swa_catalog.xml

Interestingly, I'd Googled around, discovered .jar files were zip format and tried opening it with winzip with no luck. As always, I guess, the devil is in the detail.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.