HP-UX 11i v3 March 2013 Update (562 Views)
Advisor
abhishekjain_48
Message 1 of 8 (562 Views)

HP-UX 11i v3 March 2013 Update

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

can some one tell how and from where I can get/download  HP-UX 11i v3 March 2013 Update ?

Also How to know which is last update applied on my 11iv3 system?

Rgds

AbhishekJ

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP-UX > General to  HP-UX > patches - HP Forums Moderator

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 8 (546 Views)

Re: HP-UX 11i v3 March 2013 Update

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the HPSC?  And have a SAID?

http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abhishekjain_48
Message 3 of 8 (535 Views)

yes i went through the link but didnt find any such link to direclt download update....?

also if you can tell how to check last installed update on box?

Regds

AbhishekJ

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 4 of 8 (531 Views)

>but didn't find any such link

Did you try "Software updates and licensing" link?

>how to check last installed update on box?

Try:

swlist -l bundle | grep OE

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Matti_Kurkela
Message 5 of 8 (528 Views)

You need to login to the HPSC and have a HP-UX support agreement associated with your account. Then the "Download options" menu at the left side of the HPSC main page will have more items available.

If you want to download the latest 11i v3 installation DVD images, you would go to "Software updates and licensing".

If you want the latest 11iv3 Quality Pack (kind of like Service Packs for Microsoft Windows products), go to "Patch management". There you will find the "Find standard patch bundles" option.

Whenever you need to know about HP-UX options and patches installed on your system, the "swlist" command can probably supply the information you want.

You'll probably want to see the version of the latest Quality Pack installed on the system, and if there are any extra patches installed in addition to it. Without options, the swlist command only lists "software bundles" and individual products as an overview: to drill down to details, you may need to add some options to the swlist command.

For example, to list all the software installed and the installation dates, you might use a command like this:

swlist -l fileset -a revision -a title -a state -a install_date

Sort the output by the timestamp column, and you'll see exactly what was the last software item installed.

MK
Please use plain text.
Advisor
abhishekjain_48
Message 6 of 8 (519 Views)

i could logon to HPSC  > Software updates and licensing but its asking for "Select an SAID"(blank list populated) not sure what is this

however i could download patches using "patch mgt" using same account... seems to be some Issue with account..

also i Have one more query.. if there is only some update2011 is installed on my box and if now i am directly installing

update march 2013 will it create any problem and will instaling this will take care of upgrades/changes happened in between 2011 till now?

regds

AbhishekJ

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 7 of 8 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]

>Software updates and licensing but its asking for "Select an SAID" (blank list populated)

You may need a specific SAID to download updates.

>if there is only some update 2011 is installed on my box and if now I am directly installing update march 2013

Updates and patches are cumulative so you don't need to worry.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
abhishekjain_48
Message 8 of 8 (499 Views)

also regarding the march 2013 update, is this a patch set, or a full OS??

Regards

AbhishekJ

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation