10-25-2010 07:25 AM
1) How much roughly will a support agreement cost (I am waiting for an exact price from HP)?
2) How much will the "return to support" surcharge be. We haven't had a support agreement for several years, and have relied on getting patches free.
3) Will one support agreement cover several machines?
4) How long will HP continue to support HP-UX 11.11?
5) Given that HP do not sell C8000's any longer, does anyone know whether they will develop any equivalent replacement (ie. with PA-RISC processor), or emulator, in the future?
Thanks in advance.
10-25-2010 07:35 AM
5)PA-RISC is long gone, they stopped factory production some time ago now(2008)
You can still by nice pa-risc stuff rp's/etc.
10-25-2010 11:30 AM
There is an Aries emulator on Integrity. It emulates the instructions, not a C8000.
10-26-2010 12:32 AM
Unix operates with beer.
10-26-2010 02:43 AM
Unfortunately I am stuck with an application that will only run on PA-RISC, that cannot be re-built. It runs fine on our C8000's, I am just wanting to be sure that I keep HP-UX 11.11 up to date. I also note that I should be able to upgrade to HP-UX 11.31 (11i v3) on the C8000's. I have asked HP UK about cost of support contract, but no reply so far.
10-26-2010 03:55 AM
hp at the moment will continue to support 11.11 until the end of 2013
Hp has dropped the hpux workstations all together, and the C8000's was the last produced.
Also 11.11 is the last version of hpux to run on the workstations. 11.31 is not supported and has no agp/graphics support.
there is an emulator, aries to enable you to run parisc apps on itanium, but you would have to go to servers, or older rx workstations
10-26-2010 04:01 AM
> I also note that I should be able to upgrade to HP-UX 11.31 (11i v3) on the C8000's.
No, you can't. HP-UX 11.11 was the last release that supported PA-RISC workstations like the C8000.