Re: ERROR: Missing fileset ImagingSubsystem (154 Views)
Visitor
eelosad
Message 1 of 4 (158 Views)

ERROR: Missing fileset ImagingSubsystem

[ Edited ]

Hi all, was hoping you could help me.
I am trying ot install open view on a HPUX 11.31B IA64, so the script tells me ERROR: Missing fileset ImagingSubsystem (version B.11.31). So I tell the unix guy to please install that fileset, but he has no idea about it, orfrom where to get it. I kinf of told him to look for them in the hpux 11.31 media, but I would like to give him more detailed instructions.
If you guys know in which dvd it is, and the command itself would be great.
Thanks in advance.

P.S. this thread has been moved  from HP-UX > General to Patches - HP Forums moderator

Honored Contributor
Patrick Wallek
Message 2 of 4 (154 Views)

Re: ERROR: Missing fileset ImagingSubsystem

The ImagingSubsystem fileset is located on the  2nd DVD (at least on the March 2012 DCOE DVD set I'm looking at) and is called "ImagingSubsystem".

If the admin mounts the DVD in the directory /mnt, then the following should work.  If the DVD is mounted to a different directory, then use that name rather than /mnt.

# cd /mnt

# swinstall -s /mnt ImagingSubsystem

If he wants to preview the installation beforehand then just add a '-p' to the swinstall command above.

# swinstall -p -s /mnt ImagingSubsystem.

Good luck!

Visitor
eelosad
Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)

Hey thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me. I will send him this informatoin right away, and will let you know if anytihng!

Thanks again!

Visitor
eelosad
Message 4 of 4 (126 Views)

The uy says he des not have the medio to install from (they use a "gold image") , so he says he needs to investigate the issue...

So .. I am on hold, will keep you posted, and thanks again.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.