Re: Using OO to pull port group and VLAN data from Vcenter for a cluster or host (255 Views)
Occasional Contributor
JTorchia
Message 1 of 3 (274 Views)

Using OO to pull port group and VLAN data from Vcenter for a cluster or host

I am hoping someone can help push me in the right direction on this.  I am attempting to use HP OO to automate our vCenter OS builds.  I am having trouble looking up the proper port group to leverage.  I would like to start with cluster or even host system and VLAN id and then get back port group name.

It was suggested that I look at the advanced search feature, but I have not been able to get the proper combination of property and object type to get this to work.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 2 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: Using OO to pull port group and VLAN data from Vcenter for a cluster or host

Using the Advanced Search in OO 9.07.004 CP11 against a VCenter with the inputs

propsType=Network
propsPathset=name

is working for us.

Occasional Contributor
JTorchia
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: Using OO to pull port group and VLAN data from Vcenter for a cluster or host

Steve,

Thanks for information.  When I run this, I am getting data in the form of

network-###:<port group name>

It does not appear to show VLAN and I am not quite sure what the network-### correlates to other than probably an internal unique identifier.  (The number is definitely not the vlan ID.)

Am I missing a step here?

Thanks

Jeff

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.