Re: Sending attachment via email (256 Views)
Visitor
schui
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Sending attachment via email

Hi there,

I am new to OO and doing alot of self-learning.

I have created a flow which does windows server health-check and then writes all the results in a text file.

However, I do encounter two things which I need some help.  :-P

#1 - Write To File

I am trying to write the output into a text file by passing the variables in - "Write to File" operation. Something like:

${value1}

${value2}

However, when I checked the text file, it seems OO ignored the newline I put in between ${value1} and ${value2}. Am I doing it correctly or do I need some special filter to print newline in the output file?

#2 - Send attachment via email.

I am using the 'Basic Notify' operation to send email notification, however it doesn't seem like this operation or other operations in OO that can send email with attachment. I would like to send the output file from the OO flow above to myself via email.

I tried to put the variables in the email content, but seems like the exchange server stripped all the formatting, and the email content is hard/impossible to read.

Any idea how to send a text file attachment via email in OO?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

Thanks.

Sunny

Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 2 of 3 (256 Views)

Re: Sending attachment via email

The "Write To File" not showing the newlines is just a weird encoding issue with Notepad. If you open the file with WordPad or Notepad++ it will display the text correctly.

As for sending mail with attachments you can use the operation below.

/Library/Operations/Email/Send Mail

Visitor
schui
Message 3 of 3 (239 Views)

Re: Sending attachment via email

Hi Steve,

Thanks. Done. :)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.