Sending attachment via email (227 Views)
Visitor
schui
Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

Sending attachment via email

Hi there,

I am new to OO and doing alot of self-learning.

I have created a flow which does windows server health-check and then writes all the results in a text file.

However, I do encounter two things which I need some help.  :-P

#1 - Write To File

I am trying to write the output into a text file by passing the variables in - "Write to File" operation. Something like:

${value1}

${value2}

However, when I checked the text file, it seems OO ignored the newline I put in between ${value1} and ${value2}. Am I doing it correctly or do I need some special filter to print newline in the output file?

#2 - Send attachment via email.

I am using the 'Basic Notify' operation to send email notification, however it doesn't seem like this operation or other operations in OO that can send email with attachment. I would like to send the output file from the OO flow above to myself via email.

I tried to put the variables in the email content, but seems like the exchange server stripped all the formatting, and the email content is hard/impossible to read.

Any idea how to send a text file attachment via email in OO?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

Thanks.

Sunny

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: Sending attachment via email

The "Write To File" not showing the newlines is just a weird encoding issue with Notepad. If you open the file with WordPad or Notepad++ it will display the text correctly.

As for sending mail with attachments you can use the operation below.

/Library/Operations/Email/Send Mail

Please use plain text.
Visitor
schui
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: Sending attachment via email

Hi Steve,

Thanks. Done. :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation