Operation Orchestration 7.60 - Generic questions (2777 Views)
Super Advisor
Message 1 of 22 (2,777 Views)
Accepted Solution

Operation Orchestration 7.60 - Generic questions

[ Edited ]

Hi All,
I'm beginning to work with HP OO 7.60 and I need to clarify following arguments:
- HP OO Architecture (central, studio, ras);
- I Installed central, but I don't understand well if It already contains web application or I have to install it separately.Pratically I cannot access to OO using http://:8080/PAS.
Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Michele

-----------------------------------------------

P.S. This thread has been moved from ITRC HP Software: Data Center Automation Center Forum to Operations Orchestration Support Forum - Forum Moderator

Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 22 (2,777 Views)

Re: Operation Orchestration 7.60 - Generic questions

As far as I remember the default goes to the following two IP'

http://:8443/PAS
http://:9443/PAS
or
https://:8443/PAS
https://:9443/PAS

Try these.

Super Advisor
Message 3 of 22 (2,777 Views)

Hi Shaik,
thanks for your answer. I tried all your links but They don't work.
I installed only OO DB and HP OO Central. Is It enough for Web Access to application?
Thanks
Michele
Occasional Advisor
Message 4 of 22 (2,775 Views)

In the previous reply I had posted http default port wrongly, the correct one is 8080.

There is no need to install anything separately as such, unless you want to run some jobs on other machine, which then would require RAS to be installed there.

Though obvious, you should change the centra_server with the ip of that machine on which you have installed central.
If you are accessing from the same machine, localhost would do.

Which Database did you install SQL Server or MYSQL for HP OO ?
Many people do the mistake that they install MYSQL but while installing select the default database radio button which is SQL Server, it is not obvious till the end what went wrong. Please check your installation.

Finally, I advise you to read and follow the installation guide in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Operations Orchestration\Studio\docs\InstallGuide.pdf

Super Advisor
Message 5 of 22 (2,775 Views)

Hi Shaik,
DB is sure MySql. I cannot access to web application. Looking the installation guide (page 14, MySql: Database and Database user configuration)there are not particular requirement, only privileges for DB user.

Can give me any suggestions?
Michele

Occasional Advisor
Message 6 of 22 (2,775 Views)

While installing, a dialog box pops asking which database (SQL Server or MySQL)...and SQL Server is selected by default ....the tendency is to go next-next and select SQL Server though you are using MySQL...and finally things would not work...I was suggesting that you check if you did the same.
Super Advisor
Message 7 of 22 (2,775 Views)

Hi Shaik,

in Central_wrapper.log I found the messagein attached after reboot of the central server.
It seeem a problem of MySql database. I created this DB normally using the MySql syntax
mysql>> CREATE DATABASE oo;

Do you aggree that is a database problem?

Thanks
Michele
Occasional Advisor
Message 8 of 22 (2,775 Views)

The installation of ASP.NET was a prerequisite for the OO install.
If you are not able to open https://localhost:8443/PAS
...I would start over. You will know where you will be in the 45 minutes it takes to install it.
Super Advisor
Message 9 of 22 (2,775 Views)

Thanks Alan,
I installed ASP.NET but I have this output:
P

when I open http://:8443/PAS.
In attached Central_wrapper.log whre I found a lot of error.
Have you any suggestions?

Thanks
Michele
Super Advisor
Message 10 of 22 (2,775 Views)

The Attached File.
Occasional Advisor
Message 11 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hmmm...it looks like the web component is not set up correctly. Perhaps install it on a lab server using IIS defaults (install only the ASP.NET) and let the OO install build the site. Then compare IIS properties.
Occasional Advisor
Message 12 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Likely cause.. central was installed into an existing database file, but the schema was not installed.. evidence is no tables in database.

to resolve:
backup [if required]
uninstall studio
uninstall central
install central and make sure you enable this checkbox: "Create or recreate (if it exists) the database schema"
test access to https://:8443/PAS
install studio
Super Advisor
Message 13 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Thanks Marty for your answer.
Now I uninstalled OO (connected to MySql) and I installed OO connecting it to Oracle DB. When I check "create(if it exists) or recreate Database Schema" another window appears witn admin password settings but no schema parameters are set. Pratically I set:
- DB Name (oracle sid)
- DB host
- DB user Name (system)
- user password
- flag "create(if it exists) or recreate Database Schema"
but schema paramters are never set. Why?I cannot set schema name, user and so on.
After installation I have no schema created and the following message in recreate-db.log (see attached file).
Can you help me?
thanks in advance
Michele
Occasional Advisor
Message 14 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hi,

Questions:
1. why the change from MySql to Oracle? Ideally we'd be troubleshooting one change at a time.

2. Did you create the oracle database file before you started the OO install? My understanding of the process is that you need to first create the database [using appropriate methods for the database type you choose i.e ,mysql,oracle etc], then you install OO, selecting to install the schema into this existing database...

..Marty
Super Advisor
Message 15 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hi Marty,
thanks for your answer. I Changed to Oracle because I had a lot of problem with MySql (OO never worked).
If you think that MySql is better I can uninstall OO ann install it with MySql.

Naturally I before created Oracle DB Istance (without schema) and after I checked "create o recreate schema" when installing OO.

Have you any suggestions? Let me know if you suggest to use MySql rather than Oracle.
Thanks
Michele
Occasional Advisor
Message 16 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hi, I don't have any advice on whether Oracle or MySql is better.. I have only installed OO using MySql as the db, so that's all I have advice about.
I had the exact symptoms you did when installing OO into MySql, and the root cause was not selecting the checkbox to install the schema into the database. The obvious symptom was lack of website access, but the cause was no tables in the db. The log files also indicated no tables in the db.
If I were you I would recheck the log files to try to identify the root cause. Perhaps when the db was created the permissions were not set up correctly? Have you fully read InstallGuide.pdf ?
Super Advisor
Message 17 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hi Marty,

I checked all sw requirement:
- .NET Framework 2.0 sp1 (I have .NET framework 2.0 sp2 instead)
- .NET Framework 3.0 (I have .NET framework 3.0 sp2 and .NET framework 3.5 sp1 instead)
- ASP.NET started
- Mysql 5.1.30 (I have 5.1.44)
- I ran on mysql server the command: mysql> GRANT ALL privileges ON OO.* TO 'root'@' ' IDENTIFIED BY ''; where central server ip is used instead of and real password is used instead of .

In the central server installation:
- I left the default network settings(also broadcast address because I don't know how set it)
- I used root mysql user; (in the previous installation I created and used hp_admin user instead of root user)
- I flag "create or recreate database schema"

In attached the recreate-db.log with 2 errors.

After installation the url http://:8443/PAS give only the output " P".
Do I have install another module? The installation guide says "Central Web Server must be Started" but I have only 3 services: RSCentral, RSJRAS and RSScheduler and are all 3 started.

In central_wrapper.log no errror occurs but there is this info:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/07/08 12:50:59 | 2010-07-08 12:50:59.550::INFO: NO JSP Support for /PAS, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet

Also in the other logs no error occurs.

I think (I hope, ehehe) that I correctly followed the installation and sys requirement. Have you other suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Michele

Occasional Advisor
Message 18 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Are there any tables in the database? This is a key question. I would recommend downloading the MySQL GUI tools to check this.. and while you are at it, also check the permissions..

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html

Super Advisor
Message 19 of 22 (2,768 Views)

Hi Marty,
naturally I checked the database tables creation with aquadatastudio. In attached you can see the tables on OO db.
The user is root and can do anything.
What do you think about?
Thanks
Michele
Occasional Advisor
Message 20 of 22 (2,768 Views)

very odd. your graphic indicates you have all the tables that I do. yet the log file indicates that the groupset table doesn't exist:

[sql] Failed to execute: alter table groupset drop foreign key fk_group2user
[sql] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'oo.groupset' doesn't exist

If the table is present, but the log indicates it does not exist, I would think that permissions would be the problem. can you think of any reason why the installer could not access this table? Can you use your db admin tool to recheck the permissions?
Occasional Advisor
Message 21 of 22 (2,651 Views)

hi,

i have the same problem for OO9.0,.... in the browser:

HTTP ERROR: 503
SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE
RequestURI=/PAS