No Table in MySQL SChema for HP OO Central 9.00 (432 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ThomasGIorgetti
Message 1 of 3 (432 Views)

No Table in MySQL SChema for HP OO Central 9.00

Hi,

I'am testing HP's Orchestration Solution and i have an issue with the installation of Central and the link with his MySQL DB.

Actually during the installation steps of Central the link is ok, but at the end i have none of the 27 tables created in my Schema.

For the requirement i think i got everything :

- Running on a Win2k8R2 server

- .net framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.5 installed

- ASP.NET installed trough ISS Activation (I installed only ASP and his dependencies for the server manager)

- MySQL 5.5.25 with MySQL GUI Tools (Not MySQL Workbench)

- Visual C++ 2010 for both x86 and x64

For the MySQL installation i checked the InstallGuide.pdf and set Multilingual Support with UTF-8 as aked.

For the DB and User creation i tried either by using command line or the GUI

CREATE DATABASE oodata;

CREATE USER 'oouser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'oopwd';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON oodata.*TO oouser@localhost ;

Then i launch the Central installer and make the connection with oodata

host: localhost

port: 3306 (I checked firewall exception during MySQL installation for this port)

DB: oodata

user: oouser

pwd: oopwd

Flagged Create or recreate schema

The installation goes without a problem, nut when i go check oodata there is no table created.

This is each step and requirement i made, but i still don't understand what go wrong. I check some topics here but without getting an answer.

Right now i'am checking logs again to see if i missed a point, but an advice would be much appreciated :)

Regards,

Thomas

Regular Visitor
smkzone
Message 2 of 3 (352 Views)

Re: No Table in MySQL SChema for HP OO Central 9.00

Hi,

I faced the same issue last week. I wondered what could have went wrong as no indication of any such. Like you, I even tried going through the command line client for creating the DB and user.

When I change the mysql 5.5 to mysql 5.1  it worked all well without changing any of the steps. I assumed there is some problem with HP 9.00 + Mysql 5.5 combination. This could be very false assumption, but it worked for me. I could have digged in more as to why it ididn't work with 5.5, but that may deviate me from the primary task, so I left it.

The solution is Use "Mysql 5.1  instead of Mysql 5.5 "

Thanks

--

Regards

Murali Krishnan

--
Murali krishnan
Project Lead | Enterprise Automation Systems
CenturyLink Technology Solutions
Occasional Visitor
ThomasGIorgetti
Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)

Re: No Table in MySQL SChema for HP OO Central 9.00

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, going to check that asap.

I'll keep an update for the results.

Regards,

Thomas

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.