07-16-2014 05:42 AM
in my OO flows I need to process XML as well as JSON documents.
While I found and I'm using the powerful XPath and XSL Transformation on XML files, I did not find any similarly powerful solution for JSON documents in OO.
Is there some JSON alternative to XPath or XQuery? Like JSONPath?
07-18-2014 03:26 AM
The alternative is indeed JSONPath. And you can easily make this work yourself in a few steps:
- Copy the Do Nothing operation to your own project and call it something like "JSONPath Query"
- Delete the inputs (if there are any) and create two new required inputs: "jsonString", "jsonPathExpr"
- Copy the JS code found via: http://goessner.net/articles/JsonPath/ to the scriptlet part of your new operation.
- Then add these lines to the end of the scriptlet:
scriptletResponse = "success";
scriptletResult = jsonPath(JSON.parse(jsonString),jsonPathExpr);
- You can also add a bit of code for changing the response if the search is unsuccessful etc.
We are considering adding this type of functionality in future version of OO.
08-04-2014 05:36 AM
I am in OO 9.07
I tried the scriplet and I got an error :
ReferenceError: "JSON" is not defined
Is it possible to download and add JSON to OO ?
08-04-2014 07:04 PM
If you look at the scriptlet code of an operation in [/Library/Utility Operations/Containers/JSON] you will see a one-liner piece of code that defines the "JSON" object that Emil is referencing.
Copy that code into your jsonPath scriptlet before attempting to use the JSON object.