Re: How to use Write to File in Notify flow run for multiple servers? (205 Views)
Frequent Advisor
vshivanna
Message 1 of 6 (256 Views)

How to use Write to File in Notify flow run for multiple servers?

Hi,

I created a flow server checklist for multiple servers and its working fine when I used display method in notify flow run. But now I want to use write to file method, for that I changed notify flow run into multi instance so that I can add multiple destination. But the results are overwritten in the destination file. It is taking only the first destination. Can anyone help to solve this error.

I used like this

In write to file method, I changed into list of values and used the constant value, In that I gave(\\hostname\d$\Test\1.txt,\\hostname\D$\\2.txt, etc.,)

The results are overwritten in the 1.txt file one by one.

Thanks,

Soundarajan.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 2 of 6 (237 Views)

Re: How to use Write to File in Notify flow run for multiple servers?

So are you using Notify as 'Write to File' or you are now using the 'Write to File' op? Either way it's the same.

Once the object is changed to multi-instance you point the 'Success' and 'Failure' response back to itself (unless there is something else you want to do on those paths; however the end result must point back to the original op).

Set the 'destination' or 'source' input to "List of Values", make sure the delimiter is correct (comma by default) and input your list of values for the input.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
vshivanna
Message 3 of 6 (221 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have used the same, but I doesn't get the perfect result. Because I have changed Notify to Multi instance, It has been running for several times until the group done for the first server. So, I can't able to write the results for the next servers.

can anyone help me to solve this error....?

Thanks,

Soundarajan.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GuyMarom
Message 4 of 6 (205 Views)

The description of the Write To File operation states that by default it overwrites the contents of the file, however there exists the overwrite input which if set to false makes the operation append instead of overwrite.

Hope this helps...

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
vshivanna
Message 5 of 6 (197 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

It cetainly works but I am getting a error unknown username or password. I gave the correct credentials and also I tried for other systems credentials. I have used write to file in Operations -> File System.

In Notify, I changed notifyMethod to write to file but there is no overwrite input. so, I add an input overwrite but again it is not working...

Regards,

Soundarajan. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
vshivanna
Message 6 of 6 (186 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It works but what happened is, Reports are created one by one in the same text file.

As already mentioned, I created a flow server checklist for multiple servers(23 servers). So It is not good to view in the same text file.

Is it possible to write the reports in different text files..?

Regards,

Soundarajan

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation