How to integrate HPOO with Active Directory services? (694 Views)
Valued Contributor
jadda
Message 1 of 7 (694 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to integrate HPOO with Active Directory services?

Hi,

I am facing some challenge with System propertiey credentials ,when ever i changed my password in domain,i need to change same thing in System properties.To avoid this issue i want to integrate HPOO with Active directory services.If any one has any idea bout integration post here?I have tried LDAP server integration (located in central),but it didn't work.Might be configuration problem.suggest me document for integration.

Can we give HPOO Studio login access to domain account ?Does studio allow this?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ntt00015
Message 2 of 7 (663 Views)

Re: How to integrate HPOO with Active Directory services?

Hi,

If you have problem with OO login usename/password, you can set LDAP/AD settings from Central/Administration/System Configuration/Authentication tab. If you read the OO administrators guide, you can find the "Configuring Active Directory or LDAP over SSL" section. You will need certificates and LDAP contexts for configuration so your LDAP Admin will have to give you certificates for configuration.

If you need to change System Properties in your repository, you have to write a flow to change system property using Integration operations and call it from LDAP/AD password changing system.

PS: We are using LDAP authentication while login access to Central/Studio. So, yes you can use domain account to login by defining the OO user as an external account.

Best Regards.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
jadda
Message 3 of 7 (658 Views)

Thanks for your reply.From sources I came to  Know that we can use domain account to login central/studio.

You have mentioned like  "you have to write a flow to change system property using Integration operations and call it from LDAP/AD password changing system".can you please tell how can i overrite existing System properties through OO flow,since they are hard coded ?

Can you please explain in detail ?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 4 of 7 (656 Views)

There are operations in OO which allow you to change a System Property/System Account.

You will find them under

/library/integrations/hewlett-packard/operations orchestration/repository
  /Set System Account
  /Set System Property

You can then build a flow to modify the properties you need to.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
jadda
Message 5 of 7 (653 Views)

Hi  Steve/all

Thanks for your reponse.I can change system property or system account by using operaions locate in 'Integration/HP/OO", But the main challenge i am facing is , if Domain account password changed,tell me  automatic way to update same password in  System properties.If i have 100  variables  or passwords in system properties ,how to change them automatically through OO flow.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ntt00015
Message 6 of 7 (653 Views)

Hi,

You have to call your OO flow from AD/LDAP sytem to change the parameters automatically. If AD/LDAP admins can be able to add a trigger to password change operation and call your flow via JRSFlowInvoke.jar or JRASFlowInvoke.exe your system properties can be automatically changed. Check older posts about calling flows from outside in the forum; or you can check the SDK and Admin guide for JRSFlowInvoke.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
jadda
Message 7 of 7 (646 Views)

Hi all,

Let me explain my problem with simple example

" i want to execute  systeminfo  on remote machine , using operation 'remote command'.For this  purpose i have hardcoded username and password in system properties. After 3 months my   password would expire.I have integrated LDAP with OO.If i change my password in domain , The flow would fail .how can i update same thing in system properties once password changed in  Domain..If i am executing single flow then i can grab 'Error message' But if you have 100 flows we can't grab error message all the time and more over  in practical we have so many system properties need to be changed at a time."

Please suggest me solution for thsi 

Thanks  and regards

Jadda Pavan Kumar

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation