HPOO 10 RAS Configuration

[ Edited ]

So setting up OO 10.

Issue:

Multiple Networks:
                       10 Firewalled Networks (DMZs)

3 General Networks

Have both Unix and Windows System in all networks

Putting Windows and Linux Ras Clusters in each network.

HowTo: Configure Integration/Content Packs to use RAS Clusters in Each environment.

From what I've read you change the Operations to point at a Group Alias for each Ras Cluster.  Seems to create a ton of work unless I'm reading wrong.

According to the instructions, For EVERY operation you're suppose to set the RAS to a Group Alias. Then in central link that Group Alias to the RAS Group you want the flow to run on. I have 13 different networks in a large corporation. So it sounds like I have to make 13 copies of each operation and  set to the  different RAS Group Alias.

For Example Sake, Say I want to be able to run the Base Content Pack Flow, 'Get Average CPU Load' in every network. It sounds Like I have to Make 13 Different copies of this flow and its children operations pointing at each of the Group Aliases. Thats one flow... Seems very maintenance heavy.  Is there a better way to do this.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
EF
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)

Re: HPOO 10 RAS Configuration

You dont need to do that, as there is a convenient short cut: You can set a variable in the context (current subflow) that makes all operations choose a specific Worker Group Alias - or - you can set a global variable that makes every subsequent operation go to that specific group.

So the concept would be to have a reusable subflow that can, based on the target hostname, determine which Worker Group Alias to use, and then set the Override variables as needed.

We have created a tutorials for this type of flows. It is available from the OO Community front page:

https://hpln.hp.com/group/operations-orchestration

Look for "Worker Groups in OO 10".

HTH,

Emil

PS: why are you deploying both a Linux and a Windows RAS in each DMZ? 

HP Software OO RnD, Community Assistance Team, https://hpln.hp.com/group/operations-orchestration
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation