Re: HP OO 9.07: Controlling 3rd party software without API or CLI (622 Views)
Occasional Advisor
TillH
Message 1 of 6 (745 Views)

HP OO 9.07: Controlling 3rd party software without API or CLI

Hello everyone,

does anyone know, how to control a 3rd party program, which only provides a GUI as an interface, via OO?

Thanks and regards,

Till

Honored Contributor
Mahmoud Ibrahim
Message 2 of 6 (714 Views)

Re: HP OO 9.07: Controlling 3rd party software without API or CLI

Hello Till,
You can record your application interactions using hp virtual user generator tool HP VUGEN
This tool comes for free with HP (BPM) BSM and HP Loadrunner
It has a command line to re-execute the recorded actions (script); you can use this command in HP OO

Regards,
Mahmoud Ibrahim
http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • Valued Contributor
    jadda
    Message 3 of 6 (683 Views)

Hi Mohammad,

will u please elaborate. How can Ii use  recorded actions (script)  in HPOO. in which language the script was written ? where do i need to  execute this script ?  Can I put this script as commandlet for 'Remote Command ' Operation.  do we have  any doc.  for this steps , If yes provide us the link to download the doc. 

Occasional Advisor
    benishue
    Message 4 of 6 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

For Web UI:

I will suggest (if you are familiar with programming) to use Selenium (cross platform: java & co) or Watin (.NET) for web ui automation.

For example: you can create using Watin  an exe file (that will do all the automation part) and then run this file remotely via OO WMI operation. 

For Applications GUI : see this list or use HP VUGEN - another option as mentioned above.

ALL of the methods above are not 100% stable!

Honored Contributor
    Mahmoud Ibrahim
    Message 5 of 6 (649 Views)

Dear Jadda,
    Those scripts are auto generated you don't need to write them, you may need to modify them.

It has a guided recorder which records your action and convert it to a script, you can use command line to execute the script.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00412394/binary/BSM_922_VirtualUserGenerator_Use...

This document has all the needed guide to master vugen

the command line details is located on Page128
    Regards,
    Mahmoud Ibrahim
    http://www.mahmoudthoughts.com
  • Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

• Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
  • Occasional Advisor
    bhowel02
    Message 6 of 6 (622 Views)

Depending on your 3rd party application, it may also be possible to your the HTTP Client integrations to craft a workflow providing HTTP GET, PUT, POST to the server.  I've done this with several third party applications lacking a web services api interface.  If you decide to do this Fiddler2 is a great tool to use to see the HTTP query and response.  There are other tools as well which would help.

Bob

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.