Error while using Modify Cell operation with Excel (129 Views)
Established Member
atees
Message 1 of 3 (129 Views)

Error while using Modify Cell operation with Excel

Hi,

I am trying to update an Excel spreadsheet with some values using the Modify Cell operation, but am getting an error message on one particular worksheet.

I can successfully update cells on one worksheet, but when I try to update cells on a second worksheet, I get the following error message:

Unexpected eval class (org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.eval.MissingArgEval)

Does someone know why I would get this error on one worksheet and not on another? Is there some excel content that the OO operation cannot handle?

I am using OO 9.05 with Content Pack 9. Full error info attached

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
Steve_Drummond
Message 2 of 3 (120 Views)

Re: Error while using Modify Cell operation with Excel

Are you modifying the exact same value into the different cells?

Based on the error are you trying to apply a formula as the contents of the cell, or just a constant value? If it's a formula are you able to provide that so we can give it a go?

Trusted Contributor
ntt00015
Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: Error while using Modify Cell operation with Excel

Hi,

It seems it is related with the poi class version. Although there is same error in old versions but check this error. May be you can find something related.

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46948

Can you please check the poi versions of your Excel library in your windows RAS?(%ICONCLUDE_HOME%\RAS\Java\Default\repository\lib\Excel)

May be the error still continues in the new version of poi, or it is related with your input value. Can you append your input value to the forum? Are you trying to write .xlsx file or xls file format? It might the cause of your input formats. 

For example with poi version 3.7, you cannot read the sheets which contains hyperlinks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.