SIP - OVR:OVO module integration (41 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sameera Fatima
Message 1 of 4 (41 Views)

SIP - OVR:OVO module integration

Hi All,

I have SIP 3.1 on Windows 2003 server installed and have integrated it with OVR on windows. I have been able to successfully integrate the OVR:NNM, OVR: PM module but not OVR:OVO.

Given are the additional steps i followed:

1)When i added the module - i recieved an error in the sip.log file:java's File not found exception. When I checked the OVDefaultOVORep.xml file - it was referring to an incorrect url

("title="Service Status Last Full Month"
styleSheet="OVOVORepServSeverity.xsl"
xPath="OVOVORepServSeverity.xpath"
secondPartOfUrl="{2}/ServSeverityM/default.htm"/>")

which i modified to the following:

title="Service Status Last Full Month"
styleSheet="OVOVORepServSeverity.xsl"
xPath="OVOVORepServSeverity.xpath"
secondPartOfUrl="OVOWin/ServHistM/default.htm"/>

This helped me in resolving the error - but now i just get the title of the report and no content. The service list in the customer model file is also complete. I also checked teh reports directly on reporter. I am able to see them there but not through SIP.

When i check the log file i see the following error:
warning Reporter - Unable to find matching tokens: 1
warning Reporter - Unable to find matching tokens: 4
warning Reporter - Unable to find matching tokens: 37

Any help would be grately appreciated

Thanks,
Sameera
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Karen_90
Message 2 of 4 (41 Views)

Re: SIP - OVR:OVO module integration

Sameera,

What version of Reporter are you using? I was getting this same thing using SIP 3.2 on unix but was told that OVR 3.6 was incompatible with SIP 3.1 and SIP 3.2. HP support told me this.

I now went back to OVR 3.5 to avoid this problem.

Karen
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Scott Lamons_1
Message 3 of 4 (41 Views)

Sameera and Karen,

I'm attaching a white paper which describes how to use the SIP Generic module to integrate with OV Reporter 3.6. We believe this is a better approach to integrating with OV Reporter because if you create any custom reports in OVR you can integrate these into SIP as well. If you have any further problems please contact our support team as they would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Scott Lamons
SIP Project Manager
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Sameera Fatima
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

Hi Guys,

I contacted the support team for this. The version 3.1 of SIP doesnt support Reporter 3.5 is what I have been told. So I upgraded the same to SIP 3.2 but i still recieve the same response. The title turns up but not the data. ANd this time when i check the log file i see the following:

warning Reporter Unable to find matching tokens: 1: expr1=//div[contains(@style, "rect(0PX")]/following-sibling::div[position() = 2] expr2=//div[contains(@style, "rect(0PX")]/following-sibling::div[position() = 2] element=ServiceTitle

warning Reporter Unable to find matching tokens: 4: expr1=//div//img[contains(@src, "default")]/../following-sibling::div[position() = 1] expr2=//div//img[contains(@src, "default")]/../following-sibling::div[position() = 1] element=ServiceTitle
---------
-------
so on...

I have modified the file given by to be a little more userfriendly. Although this workaround works but it limits the room/space for the reports to the modulebox size, which doesnt really come out that well in SIP.

And I am awaiting response from the support team. If any clue on this I will port it here.

Thanks all,
Sameera
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation