Oracle and SQL DBSPI Question (168 Views)
Regular Advisor
Support_Profile
Message 1 of 3 (168 Views)

Oracle and SQL DBSPI Question

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to customize DBSPI metrics for oracle and SQL. My oracle team wants me to figure out how to add custom metric to my Oracle and SQL DBSPI. (# of sessions waiting for release of a lock).
I found some examples in DBSPI_USER_GUIDE but not sure on how to attack it. Can anyone offer some expert skills on this issue.

Thanks
Honored Contributor
Atakan Ucar
Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Oracle and SQL DBSPI Question

Hi,
Sure, you can make customizations on metric policies. We may be more helpfull if you can tell exactly what you need to customize
Regards
Regular Advisor
Support_Profile
Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Oracle and SQL DBSPI Question

Well, give you an example: My oracel team would like to create a custom metric for Metric 29: Number of sessions waiting for release of a lock. My oracle team want to create a custom metric that will tell them which user session is locked. My DBA indicated that she can create a script, but I' wondering if I can use UDM to make it happen. I read over the documentation, but I'm not an expert on oracle. Here are the steps indicated in the DBSPI user manual

You create a UDM as follows:

â ¢ (optional) Create Stored Procedure

â ¢ Create the Code and Test it (Oracle Script ?)

â ¢ Create/Distribute UDM Configuration File,

â ¢ Test UDM,

â ¢ Create/Distribute UDM Templates,

â ¢ (Optional): Start the UDM MW Enable
application.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.