OVIS 6.1 Query (259 Views)
Advisor
jxius
Message 1 of 6 (259 Views)
Accepted Solution

OVIS 6.1 Query

Hi-

I would like to know if there's a limit to the number of Customers that we create on OVIS for monitoring.

Currently I've configured 10 Customers. When I create a new Customer, it doesn't show up on the dashboard. Can someone help with troubleshooting steps?
Advisor
jxius
Message 2 of 6 (259 Views)

Re: OVIS 6.1 Query

Any ideas please?
Honored Contributor
Himanshu Chawla
Message 3 of 6 (259 Views)

I don't believe there's a restriction on customers. Add a few targets for the customer and let it collect data, then check if it shows up in the Dashboard or not.

Himanshu.
Advisor
jxius
Message 4 of 6 (259 Views)

Thanks for the reply Himanshu, I tried creating a new Customer & let it collect data for almost a day. It hasn't shown up on the dashboard.

Any help in troubleshooting would be appreciated & points given.
Honored Contributor
Himanshu Chawla
Message 5 of 6 (259 Views)

A few things you can check here

1) Is the Customer and it's service target showing all green in the OVIS admin console in all tabs. Basically is data being gathered ok ?

2) Are you using restricted user Id access to certain OVIS customer or is it all open (File->Configure-> Restricted Views) ?

3) Is there any filter (Time based) or Location setting in the dashboard which might be preventing you from seeing the customer

4) Have you tried opening the OVIS dashboard on the OVIS server itself to see if it shows the same thing ?

Himanshu.
Advisor
jxius
Message 6 of 6 (259 Views)

Thanks again Himanshu.
I was able to sort it out! Sorry for the late reply though.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.