Re: ManageX and MAPI (4 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Matthew Schmidt_1
Message 1 of 4 (4 Views)
Accepted Solution

ManageX and MAPI

I've installed ManageX 4.23 and successfully configured it for email notification - sort of. I get the emails when a threshold has been crossed, but it's essentiallya a blank message. Sice I've configured the plicy to add a subject line pertinant to the policy, it does say that, but nothing really informative as to the problem. Any ideas? Is there a way to pull the values from the policy into the email?
(e.g.
Subject: Disk Space free
The threshold of $warningvalue has been exceeded and is currently at $value.
)

Thanks!
HP Expert
ColinG
Message 2 of 4 (4 Views)

Re: ManageX and MAPI

To add useful information to a "Send Electronic E-mail" action, you need to use the "ManageX String Substitutions".
String Substitutions can only be used in the "Message", "Subject" and "Attached Files" fields for this particular action.

e.g.
Send Electronic E-mail Action:

Attached Files:
Method: Simple MAPI
Password for Sending User:
Subject: Message received from $(Computer)
Send To:
Sending User:

More information can be located on Page 166 & 167 of the ManageX User's Guide.

Best regards,

Colin
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
Occasional Advisor
Matthew Schmidt_1
Message 3 of 4 (4 Views)

Thanks Colin!! All I need now is access to the the online manuals - looks like the site's down.
Cheers!
HP Expert
ColinG
Message 4 of 4 (4 Views)

You should be able to install the manuals from the ManageX CD by re-running SETUP.

You need Adobe Acrobat to read the manuals.
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.