Re: DB-SPI cannot connect to database timeout (199 Views)
Regular Advisor
Alfred J
Message 1 of 3 (199 Views)

DB-SPI cannot connect to database timeout

What is, or how can I find out, the timeout value used to generate this message?
"DBSPI-0001.3: DB-SPI cannot connect to database db_name, may be down; Oracle error [ORA-01013:_user_requested_cancel_of_current_operation]."

Is it the same 300 seconds as it says in the follwoing message?
"DBSPI10-24: Connect attempt to database 'db_name' timed out after 300 seconds. Please check database."

If so, where is the 300 seconds defined and can it be changed?

The monitor template triggering this uses the command:
"dbspicao -c DBSPI-Ora-05min-Favorites -m 1..."

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Atakan Ucar
Message 2 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: DB-SPI cannot connect to database timeout

Hi Alfred,
DBSPI-0001 is an Oracle metric which is waiting a value from an external program. External program (dbspicao) is triggered by a Scheduled task template. There are a few Scheduled task templates to run dbspicao program at different times, with different metrics. One runs every 5 mins, another one runs hourly, daily etc.

DBSPI-0001 metric is by default included in 5-min template (as you already wrote) so "300 seconds" is defined in that policy.
If you want to change the interval to 1 hour, then move metric-1 to 1-hour template.
If you want to change the schedule for example to 2 mins, then create a new template (named DBSPI-Ora-02min-Favorites), then schedule it to every 2 minutes, and run "dbspicao -c DBSPI-Ora-02min-Favorites -m 1". You must also remove metric 1 from 5-min template.

DBSPI10-24 is produced by a DBSPI program itself, to inform an internal error. Like other internal errors, it is intercepted by a unique Open Message Interface template (i think it is named DBSPI-Messages)

HTH
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Alfred J
Message 3 of 3 (199 Views)

Re: DB-SPI cannot connect to database timeout

Thanks for the reply, but I still don't know what the real timeout value is. I understand the monitor runs every 5 minutes, but I don't know at what timeout value the monitor will return an error.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation