Re: What will happens to HP Performance Insight? No new development? (1513 Views)
Valued Contributor
Rune_3
Message 1 of 6 (1,850 Views)
Accepted Solution

What will happens to HP Performance Insight? No new development?

Hi

There have not been any new releases on HP Performance Insight for a long time, and I have heard that HP will/have stopped development on HP Performance Insight. Currently I cannot see that HP have any new product that fully can take over HP Performance Insight functionality.

Do anyone have any comments on this?

-Rune

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
sekar sundaram
Message 2 of 6 (1,805 Views)

Re: What will happens to HP Performance Insight? No new development?

hmm, correct...never heard a word about PI for looong time... seems no other products also got the same functionaly, so other tools cant replace it as well... as we see the support ends after a two full year... so, we may need to wait only...

HP Software - HP Performance Insight 5.4x

Released - Feb 01, 2009

Notification  -  Jul 01, 2012

Support ends - Dec 31, 2014+

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BMitchell
Message 3 of 6 (1,800 Views)

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bryan Mitchell and I'm the current Product Manager for PI and other "Network Management Center / NMC" related products. .

Performance Insight is in a maintenance mode only.  Which means, we will not have any additional enhancements going forward.  We will maintain support and attempt to fix any critical issues that arise.  This support will be in place for at least 18 months after EOL announcement, perhaps longer, being it will be an EOL product.  The replacement products will be SHR or NNMi or SHR + NNMi.  There will be some level of entitlement or promotional offer to existing customers, however, the details of which are still a work in progress.  We expect to have something in place within this calendar year, however, this is not absolute and subject to change. The intent will be to protect, as much as possible, the customers investment in PI and move them forward to future state tools.  Please feel free to contact me directly for additional comments or questions.  bryan.mitchell@hp.com

Best Regards,

Bryan Mitchell

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Rune_3
Message 4 of 6 (1,778 Views)

Hi

Thanks for your answer. I will accept your answer as a solution to my question.

Some short comments from me:

* I do not yet have too good knowledge of SHR or NNMi Performance iSPIs, but I like the possibility in PI that enables me to custom-create collections (counters from SNMP MIB files or other data-sources) and then have the possibility to aggregate that data, and then create reports on it. I do not currently see that flexibility in SHR/NNMi.

* Then I'm an Oracle-guy, so I prefer oracle compared to Sybase IQ - Though I can see that Sybase IQ have good speed :)

* I would also like to vote for open DB access (read-access) to SHR/NPS DB (with DB entity diagrams) - so that people can create reports in their own existing web-portal.

Anyway - rumor says that SHR in next release will be able to take/use data from NNMi NPS (network performance server), I think that is a good way forward.

-Rune

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
yngvi thorfinnsson_1
Message 5 of 6 (1,681 Views)

Hi

as the license structure with Oracle has gone absolutely crazy, I would like to see a combination of polling/report tool with any other database

Yngvi

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
vels
Message 6 of 6 (1,513 Views)

Hai bryan,

As of now i think Latest version OVPI 5.41 dose not support IPv6. Will it be developed to support this too..?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation