Re: OVPM problem (257 Views)
Advisor
kgopiramesh
Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)
Accepted Solution

OVPM problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

we have installed the HP OMW 9 on stand alone server and integrated the performance manager with that. We could see the data is collected at the agent end and 383 port is open between the managed node and the alerts are being sent to the management server,

but when we tried to open the performance manager on the server itself, the data sources are not showing on the nodes ( I am receiving the error no data sources found). Why PM is unable to determine the data source on the managed node.

I believe the nodes added to management tree should be added to the performance manager aswell, but that is not happening, am I right?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Systems Management (OpenView-OP Mgmt) Support and News Forum to OV Performance Management Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

HP Expert
kltaylor
Message 2 of 5 (265 Views)

Re: OVPM problem

PM uses the JCoda stack to get the agent data.  Try the following form the PM server ...

"%ovinstalldir%\nonOV\jre\b\bin\java" -jar "%ovinstalldir%\java\jcodautil.jar" -dumpds SCOPE

If you do not get data, then it is possible that there are issue in the JCoda stack.  If the data is not presented, please run the following on the PM server and post the results ...

ovdeploy -inv

Thanks for your time.

Kevin

Advisor
kgopiramesh
Message 3 of 5 (257 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

It is showing the data but when i am trying to draw the reports from the management server, it is giving the error the data sources pa or epc is not found.

I have tried reports for the management server itself but it gave the same error

Advisor
kgopiramesh
Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)

Modified the loader and catalina properties in the tomcat folder and it has resolved the issue.

Occasional Contributor
Ahmed79
Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)

I have the same problem, can you share the solution in brief

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.