Graph based on APPLICATION Metrics in SCOPE (344 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 6 (344 Views)
Accepted Solution

Graph based on APPLICATION Metrics in SCOPE

OM Agent 11.x

When running ovcodautil -obj, I am seeing following metrics,

NumDataSources = 2

SCOPE
CODA

NumObjects = 14

SCOPE GLOBAL
SCOPE APPLICATION

APPLICATION metric stores data on processes logged under particular application.

Is it possible to create new OVPM Graph based on APPLICATION metric which is defined inside SCOPE datasource.

Please help.

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 6 (340 Views)

Re: Graph based on APPLICATION Metrics in SCOPE

You need to create a new graph using the Application Metrics ..

Open the OVPM and then click on the graph and then Design a Graph 

Capture.JPG

Click on the "Design a new Graph"

Capture.JPG

Select the  type of graph :

Capture.JPG

Select any Node to see the data based on the metric you select :

Capture.JPG

In the Next Step select the PA (Performance Agent) click on the Next..

Capture.JPG

Mention the Graph name and other details and then click on next  ..

Capture.JPG

Now select the Application metrics which you want to see in the graph and then click on next ..

Capture.JPG

Continue with the further options , and then save the graph ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 6 (321 Views)

Hi Vidyasagar

Thanks for your inputs.

But once I select Application Metrics, I am seeing the metric name are common for all applications which are defined.

For example if I collect PA metric for different applications,

OVO

NNM

PERF

and I want to draw a graph based on Application Metrics but only for NNM application, how do I design it.

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 4 of 6 (318 Views)

Design and Save the graph with the application metrics you want .. While drawing the graph select only the NNM Application machines .. Even though if you select the different machine , machines on which NNM is not installed , and then draw the graph you wont see any data ..

For example : There's is process details graph under the "Infrastructure Performance"

cc.JPG

This graph is designed with the metrics related to the process details , however , there are metrics that are suitable only to the HP-UX machines , say PROC_DISK_PHYS_IO_RATE ( Disk IO Rate ), so when you draw the process detail graph selecting the Windows machines , you wont find the DISK IO Rate metrics there , but if you select the HP-UX machines then you will observe the PROC_DISK_PHYS_IO_RATE  ( Disk IO Rate ) ..

Capture.JPG

Conclusion : Even though you create a graph with the metrics which are meant for specific machines it can be run on the other machines as well but you wont see any data related to it unless it is the intended machine ..

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Valued Contributor
JorgeThompson
Message 5 of 6 (300 Views)

You can also use OVPM's filtering capabilities.

After you select the metrics you want to graph, click on properties (under the list of metrics) and set up a filter where APP_NAME=NNM

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 6 of 6 (294 Views)

I'm afraid that I have misunderstood your query .. 

If you are looking for what 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.