05-31-2007 07:42 AM
I think you had 2 issues.
1. The fix for osspi_alarmdef was needed.
2. No /var/opt/perf/alarmdef file, so you weren't monitoring with OVPA, you were just collecting data.
In my environment, I have customized our alarmdef file and we are using that to monitor peformance metrics. I'm only using the OSSPI for discovery, and process monitoring (ie procmon.cfg, etc). I have removed the alarmdef_write template, so that osspi_alarmdef does not get recreated after each distribute.
05-31-2007 03:13 PM
/mnt/winunix wasn't being collected by ovpa unitl you restarted ovpa.
Therefore the metric
/mnt/winunix:FS_SPACE_UTIL was not valid when the alarmdef file was verified.
06-01-2007 04:37 AM
1. Killed the OVO agent. /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opcagt -kill
2. Stopped the MWA agent. /opt/perf/bin/mwa -stop
3. Deleted the osspi_alarmdef file. /var/opt/OV/conf/osspi/osspi_alarmdef
4. Deleted the osspi_alarmdef.chk file. /var/opt/OV/conf/osspi/osspi_alarmdef.chk
5. Removed all policies from the node in the management console except for
6. Ran a opcagt -start. /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opcagt -start
7. Ran a mwa -start. /opt/perf/bin/mwa -start
8. Ran a opcagt -status (all processes are running)
9. Ran a mwa -status (all process are running)
10. Deployed OSSPI-MWA_Cpu_Load to the node through the management console
11. Ran a cat osspi_alarmdef and the file had been updated correctly.
12. Deployed other OSSPI-MWA policies and the osspi_alarmdef file updated correctly.
13. Deployed the OSSPI-MWA_Filesystem policy and a major alert popped up in the management console:
syntax error in osspi_alarmdef file
Message group: OSSPI-Internal
Application: HP OSSPI
Text: syntax error in osspi_alarmdef file
I'm starting a new thread to work on the OSSPI-MWA_Filesystem policy issue.
Thanks for all your help,
Say "Thanks" by clicking on Kudo's to the left :)