Re: Create new OVPA datasource and metrics (353 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 5 (400 Views)
Accepted Solution

Create new OVPA datasource and metrics

Hello All

We use OVPA  on some of our servers and when I run ovcodautil -obj, I am seeing following datasources are created by default,

SCOPE

CODA

Is it possible to create our own datasource and metrics

Datasource             :                       USER

Metric                       :                       LogonTime

Metric                       :                       LogoffTime

Please confirm.

Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 5 (388 Views)

Re: Create new OVPA datasource and metrics

You can create your own datasource , refer the Data Source Integration topic under the "HP Operations Agent - User Guide" 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 5 (364 Views)

Thanks I created my own datasource and my own metric.

However while running ovcodautil -dumpds DATASOURCE, it lists only last instance value collected.

Is there any possibility of listing all instance data using ovcodautil -dumpds command or through any other ways.

I also noticed that scopeux, midaemon is not running on the node where new Datasource and metric has been created.

Agent version is 11.11.025

Valued Contributor
JorgeThompson
Message 4 of 5 (353 Views)

The ovcodautil -dumpds command will only show you the last collection interval values.

If you want to see more than that, you can use "/opt/perf/bin/extract -xp -b FIRST -e LAST -C <data class> -f <output_file>"

You can restart the midaemon and scopeux processes by running /opt/perf/bin/ovpa restart all.

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 5 of 5 (347 Views)

You may use the command suggested by 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/OV-Performance-Management-Forum/How-to-extract-process-detail-from-OVPA...

I have attached the same log file once again for your reference  ..

In the attached log file , I have taken the Unix machine as an example you may use the same method for the Windows Agents as well :

ovpa.JPG

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.