Create new OVPA datasource and metrics (174 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 5 (174 Views)
Accepted Solution

Create new OVPA datasource and metrics

Hello All

We use OVPA  on some of our servers and when I run ovcodautil -obj, I am seeing following datasources are created by default,

SCOPE

CODA

Is it possible to create our own datasource and metrics

Datasource             :                       USER

Metric                       :                       LogonTime

Metric                       :                       LogoffTime

Please confirm.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 5 (162 Views)

Re: Create new OVPA datasource and metrics

You can create your own datasource , refer the Data Source Integration topic under the "HP Operations Agent - User Guide" 

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 5 (138 Views)

Thanks I created my own datasource and my own metric.

However while running ovcodautil -dumpds DATASOURCE, it lists only last instance value collected.

Is there any possibility of listing all instance data using ovcodautil -dumpds command or through any other ways.

I also noticed that scopeux, midaemon is not running on the node where new Datasource and metric has been created.

Agent version is 11.11.025

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JorgeThompson
Message 4 of 5 (127 Views)

The ovcodautil -dumpds command will only show you the last collection interval values.

If you want to see more than that, you can use "/opt/perf/bin/extract -xp -b FIRST -e LAST -C <data class> -f <output_file>"

You can restart the midaemon and scopeux processes by running /opt/perf/bin/ovpa restart all.

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)

You may use the command suggested by 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/OV-Performance-Management-Forum/How-to-extract-process-detail-from-OVPA...

I have attached the same log file once again for your reference  ..

In the attached log file , I have taken the Unix machine as an example you may use the same method for the Windows Agents as well :

ovpa.JPG

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation