Re: Cisco Ping with Oracle back-end (65 Views)
Trusted Contributor
Dean Morrell
Message 1 of 4 (65 Views)

Cisco Ping with Oracle back-end

I need to set up latency/availability monitoring using the following system:
OVPI 5.1, SP4, RNS11
Oracle 9.2.0.7

To do the latency/avail monitoring, I assume I need the Cisco Ping (aka Ping Mib) report pack, but I can't find the Oracle version of it anywhere - the SQL in the latest one I have (from RNS11) is Sybase ONLY.

Before I attempt the ugly task of converting the Sybase procs to PL/SQL, I ask -- does anyone have a better solution for this?

Thanks,
-d
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they still have some REALLY FUN ideas.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
leon_32
Message 2 of 4 (65 Views)

Re: Cisco Ping with Oracle back-end

Dean,

You can configure icmp tests using SAA / IP SLA (which are the same thing just cisco rebranded).

This may be easier as you can use the perl scripts provided to deploy saa tests which will give you that kind of detail.

Or have you already ruled out the possiblity of SAA tests ??

HTH...

Leon
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Dean Morrell
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Leon,

Thanks for the reply and the idea!

I haven't looked at the possibility of using SAA to do this. I've not used SAA before, so I'll try to make myself familiar with it so I can see if it will work for our requirements: checking the latency between interface pairs.

Can you go into any more detail about how you would do this using the SAA package? (Assume it's a "for dummies" sort of thing..)

Thanks again,
-d
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they still have some REALLY FUN ideas.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Dean Morrell
Message 4 of 4 (65 Views)

Did more research into the Service Assurance Agent solution recommended by Leon. Discovered that the SAA is intended to replace the Cisco Ping MIB, and that the Service Assurance report pack is intended to replace the Cisco Ping report pack.
Will use SAA solution instead.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation